Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Math about the fold

Yes, I ended up calling the completion on the installment plan. However with a straight flush draw and only one dead club, I would have called a full completion as well.

And Jon, if I was playing a table full of Chef's then I'm pretty sure there would have been no new monitor for me. Still feel like a vulnerable little lamb compared to her. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2005, 04:37 AM

I know we don't agree about third street. The reason I questioned it was the position of the raise. With a limper in the pot it isn't a steal raise and there's a live Ace and King behind the raiser. I don't remember the precise odds, but I believe the chances of running into either split Aces or Kings is somewhere around twenty percent. The raiser likely has a hand that can stand a reraise. I can't see raising without Queens or better or an Ace high three flush.
I am leaning toward the three flush because that is the hand I would most likely raise with in this situation. I do not know the player so I base my assumptions on how I would play certain hands in the same situations.
Fourth street would have been a nightmare for me. I wouldn't have called there either. I feel that there's too great a chance for the third street raiser to have the higher four flush. That was a raise or fold situation in my opinion. The raise on fourth does narrow the possible hands down to either Aces or Ace high four flush. If I had Aces in that situation with two dead kickers I would probably have mucked, but I would have definitely raised with the four flush. The open Kings made an awful play by not three betting to push you out. I would have raised anticipating the three bets to get heads up.
I am very curious to know what the two hands were. I hope my opinions on the hand do not offend you or your playing style.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am very curious to know what the two hands were

[/ QUOTE ]

Scroll up to about 1/3 through the thread - there is a post called "Result"
Old 06-12-2005, 09:44 PM

It's a four-way pot and only one club is out. I gleefully play this hand for a full bet, and I don't care if it's Chip freakin' Reese doing the raising.