Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: A nice twist

[ QUOTE ]
Clark,

If you want to see the river, and you are about 80% sure button will bet, why not check call the turn? Unless you thought it would get checked through if you checked , your turn bet seems misguided. Now you are faced with calling with the worst hand and praying for a river out. From the title of your post, I have a feeling you spiked and won the hand. Or, maybe your button was bluff raising the turn and you were ahead the whole way. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

LGPG

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I think I only post hands like this just because I know it'll frustrate the heck out of you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Others mentioned the reason for the turn bet pretty well.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:59 PM

I wouldn't fold K-Q pre-flop. There's a good chance I have the best hand and three of my opponents play badly. Keep in mind "crappy" in Las Vegas usually means weak-tight, which minimizes the disadvantages of the poor position Clark has.

I'm not sure about the turn bet. I think with this draw-rich board, and now the ace, I'd rather check-call and check-hope. Not a great way to play, I know; but there are so many cards that could come on the river that would put me in an ugly spot.

Now, having bet and been raised, I think I'd have to give it up. Despite the big pot, there's just too much badness out there and the button's hand screams monster, riasing all thsoe players despite the Ace coming.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:01 PM

Andy, you are nearing 10,000 posts.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:04 PM

Am I a pussy for not betting the turn?
Old 05-29-2005, 09:16 PM

One for each year of my life.

Geez, watching Mussina pitch tonight is PAINFUL.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:06 PM

"I wouldn't fold K-Q pre-flop."

oh the lies just never stop around here. you fold that every time. you look at one card and see it's only a Q and you fold. and gabe folds and little michael davis folds i checked with him by phone too. and in both cases once i told them it was clarkmeister who did it they both said "oh well, i mean, er, i guess i should start calling with that. um. yeah." so they all way to play like you clark, and ray figured out you want to play like me (as if youre recent posts didnt make that clear).

so basically youll all be broke by the end of the year, clutching your KQ offs and T8 sooteds the whole long way down. sheesh. where's rick? he'll admit to folding the KQo and stand by it.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so basically youll all be broke by the end of the year, clutching your KQ offs and T8 sooteds the whole long way down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me. I'm buying a house before that can happen!
Old 05-29-2005, 09:10 PM

"Not me. I'm buying a house before that can happen!"

lmfao
Old 05-30-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

so basically youll all be broke by the end of the year, clutching your KQ offs and T8 sooteds the whole long way down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me. I'm buying a house before that can happen!

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Have you not closed on your house yet? PM me immediately. My plans for coming to Vegas in June/July are largely contingent on you having a house.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I wouldn't fold K-Q pre-flop."

oh the lies just never stop around here. you fold that every time. you look at one card and see it's only a Q and you fold. and gabe folds and little michael davis folds i checked with him by phone too. and in both cases once i told them it was clarkmeister who did it they both said "oh well, i mean, er, i guess i should start calling with that. um. yeah." so they all way to play like you clark, and ray figured out you want to play like me (as if youre recent posts didnt make that clear).

so basically youll all be broke by the end of the year, clutching your KQ offs and T8 sooteds the whole long way down. sheesh. where's rick? he'll admit to folding the KQo and stand by it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did somebody say 108 sooted? Sounds familiar.