Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Day 3

Oh the good news is that I am postive from every position except the blinds. So once I get that fixed I should be on my to winning.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:13 PM

Default 9000 hands

Finally after 5+ hours I make it to 9k.

The session has gone very well. I feel like I am playing much better and making strong decisions. I hope it is just not a good run of cards. It feels like I am playing many hands much better. especially my blinds.

I am up $690 for the day and $521 overall, this after starting off the day losing $400.

The adjustments to playing my blinds seems to have paid off.

I went from 17%VPIP/10PFR in the BB to 28%/14%
and 27%VPIP/14PFR to 37%/19% in the sb

Also I have icreased my overall VPIP from 19.70 to and PFR from 14 to 24% and 16.5%

I think that playing only two tables has really helped and not I am quite confused as to what to do next. I could stick with 2 tables which seems to be working or add more tables to get in more hands. I don't know.

For the project I have completed 9 Mountain Dews. No audio books yet.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: 9000 hands

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to say you are really going to get yourself in trouble at 5/10. Modifying your blind play doesn't have a damn thing to do with your winrate after such a small number of hands. Be very careful.

Krishan
Old 05-29-2005, 08:19 PM

24/16 VP/PFR overall pre-flop sounds a bit better.

You could perhaps be even more aggressive in your blind steals but it is probably not THAT big a deal.

Good to see you get your confidence back as well as not be afrid to change your approach.

Basically you started off my saying "I'm going to see if I can play this insane number of hands at a limit I've never played before"
and then weren't afraid to decide,
"screw this. it's not working and I'm not as comfortable doing this as I thought I should be. Screw my goal of 15k hands in a weekend. I've changed my mind everyone and I've decided to play 2 tables and improve my game instead."
Old 05-29-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to say you are really going to get yourself in trouble at 5/10. Modifying your blind play doesn't have a damn thing to do with your winrate after such a small number of hands. Be very careful.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the exact opposite advice I got in HUSH forum as well as from a friend who consistently beats the 10/20 6max game.

I was losing 50% of my blind money and I think it does make quite a bit difference over the long run.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Basically you started off my saying "I'm going to see if I can play this insane number of hands at a limit I've never played before"
and then weren't afraid to decide,
"screw this. it's not working and I'm not as comfortable doing this as I thought I should be. Screw my goal of 15k hands in a weekend. I've changed my mind everyone and I've decided to play 2 tables and improve my game instead."

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put. I think if I make it to 10k and 40hrs that will still be an accomplishment. Most importantly I feel like, at this point anyways, that I am learning a lot and my limit game is getting stronger which will be much more important in the long run.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: 8000 Hands

[ QUOTE ]
Call it a night.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not calling any more tonight.

Fold it a night.

yes yes yes, bad jopke [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2005, 02:44 AM

Default 10k Hands, thats a wrap.

Well it's over. I didn't get to my goal but I did make it to 10k and put in 35.5 hours over 3 days. At this point my eyes hurt and the tables were getting blurry.

While I didn't make very much at all at $603.91 with a winrate of 0.58bb/100 I would consider it a success.

My first serious attempt at limit could have gone much worse so there is that. I also feel like I improved my game during the weekend. More importantly I know exactly what is keeping me from winning right now.

Which brings me to my biggest problem. My Big Blind play is horrible. I am currently losing $0.55 for every dollar I post out of it. Consider this if I only lost 35% instead of 55% I would have instead made 2500 this weekend and had a winrate of 2.37bb/100. Atleast I know where the problem is. unfortunately I don't have a real good idea of what to do about it yet.

My only guess is that while I was correct in loosing up from the SB, which seemed to fix that leak, I loosened up too much from the BB, and started calling too many raises.

My VPIP from the BB doesn't seem too high at 19.5% but what does jump out is that I am only going to SD 28% of the time. so maybe I am folding post flop too much?

who knows. Ill go over all my BB hands tomorrow.

I finished up at 10 Mountain Dews. As for the audio books. I don't really see much point to them unless you are trapped somewhere like a plane where you have no choice but to give it your attention. I'll be interested to see what happens movie wise with the Da Vinci Code, it is out there.