Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Post your micro-limit progress graph.

Warlord, your graph looks almost identical to mine!
Old 05-26-2005, 05:31 PM

I can't wait for that damn downswing to end...
Old 05-26-2005, 05:42 PM

Wow - why does everyone's 1/2 graph look like a total swing-fest. What's the big adjustment everyone is failing to make - or is it just the nature of the level? Is it the rake structure or tougher opponents or just bad luck? I've only played about 6K hands at 1/2 but mine would look similar to a lot of these.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:47 PM

I think the thing that is causing the swing in mine is that all of a sudden, blind stealing/defending is a really important part of the game, whereas in 0.50/1.00 it wasn't an issue at all. So often times I have no clue what I'm doing when I try to steal and totally miss the flop but decide to bet the flop and turn and get check/raised on the turn. And it happens alot. Defense is a bit easier though, but not much, and I'm sure there's plenty of leaks to fix in both of these plays.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:54 PM

Not .5/1, but whatever:

This does not include ~2500 hands played and ~+75BB made at Pacific. (Since my HandGrabber trial expired and I really do not like Pacific, heh)

-K
Old 05-26-2005, 05:55 PM

This is at 1/2. Once I had about 800 dollars I moved up to $1/2 and I definitely think I'l be staying here for a while. MY Aggression Factor is only like 1.10. I am working on becoming more agressive, which is pretty tough.
I also have won lots of money on paradise poker during the recent reload (about 150BB) playing 6max 1/2 but I did not upload or retrieve those hands.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Warlord, your graph looks almost identical to mine!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we're long lost brothers.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:32 PM

$1 - $2 is an entirely different animal.

I was steam rolling .50 - $1.00 on multiple sites. When I moved to $1 - $2 at PP it got a lot rougher. Of course I also had a terrible run of cards while I was finding out how many things I was doing wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow - why does everyone's 1/2 graph look like a total swing-fest. What's the big adjustment everyone is failing to make - or is it just the nature of the level? Is it the rake structure or tougher opponents or just bad luck? I've only played about 6K hands at 1/2 but mine would look similar to a lot of these.

[/ QUOTE ]

My take:

1) First off, it's safe to say that your move to 1/2 is going to cause a little swinginess. I've heard it's natural to experience some turbulance when you move up.

2) At .50/1 the small pots that you lose due to play mistakes or just random suckouts don't matter as much because there is always going to be that next huge pot where your sure to win, and everybody still calls you down. At 1/2 those little pots matter, because those big pots don't come by as often as they used to.

3) Variance accompanies changes in playstyle. At .50/1 you can come right out the gate and just start wining. By the time your making adjustments to your game, your already beating it and those small adjustments are just blips on the radar. At 1/2, now you have to get in there and learn. Now blind stealing, that skill that hardly ever comes into play at .50/1, is essential. Now you have to work at your shorthanded game. It certainly is a different animal like somebody suggested.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:19 PM

1/2 is easy, this is hard. Hope it works!