Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Why am I so wordy? (does Bob have Tourettes?)

It absolutely stunned me to see this response posted here!

How exactly do you know about diets and Autism? I know because I am the father of a 5 year Autistic boy; but why do you?

Cured by diet is a bit hyperbole, but with diet and supplementation the whole outlook and life can change for an Autistic. There are some who say "no" but come to my house and spend a week with my son -- then give him a bowl of cereal ( milk and gluten ) and spend the next 2 days with him. The difference is black and white -- they will want to tear their hair out after the cereal.

I won't comment much on whether I think Microbob has Aspberger's, but I will say that the guy who said something to the effect of "medical student syndrome" is probably right.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:32 PM

Perhaps you should become a writer. However, study Hemingway's prose before you embark on this path. I hope this helps.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:51 PM

Regardless of the out-bursts, blurts, etc that are fairly minor:

The only reason I mentioned Ausberger's is because a professional had mentioned it to me. She thought it was more accurate then the times my wife joked 'Autism boy' to me (she wasn't the first).

I didn't really know anything about Ausberger's....but a professional thought it was a very real possibility. Since I had never heard of it I didn't know what to think. But she had the idea...it's not something I put on myself.

Regarding tourettes - I have had others give me the nick-name 'Blinky' before and am constantly asked if I am being irritated by my contacts or something (I don't wear them), why are you twitching your nose so much, can you breathe because you sure are snorting out-loud a lot, do you need a cough-drop, etc etc.

I also had a guy who had tourettes talk to me about it and he was very surprised that I didn't even know if I had it because it looked very obvious to him.

Ausberger's or some sort of low-degree autism or whatever I really have no idea. I admit that on either of these it could be a bit of a stretch.

But tourette's seems like a no-brainer in my case without needing to do any exaggeration to come to that conclusion.