Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: More proof that I hate all Muslims...

I suppose Jews in the Warsaw ghetto would be described as jihadists by you?

The Nazis didn't exactly limit themselves to burning Bibles.

Your repeated radical right wing posts do nothing to help the relationship between Islam and Judaism.

radical right wing? you have to be kidding me.

I can't help but think of "yeehaaawwww, let's string up a dune coon and then drag 'im behind this here truck, whattaya say jimmy ray?"

You know what else does nothing to help the relationship between Islam and Judaism?

anti-Zionism.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Where The Real Bigotry Is

[ QUOTE ]
but circumstances are going to dictate that more often than the tenets of the religion.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Exactly right. The problem is not Islam but the circumstances that the Muslims around the world find themselves in. Islam, Judaism, Christianity are just as good as long as they are in the homes as a matter of personal faith. Once the politicians get hold of them, they are all just as bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Philosophically speaking, in Islam there is no distinction between the secular and the sacred. Thus it is inherently harder to separate politcs from Islam than to do so in Judaism or Christianity.

Jesus said to render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's. Such a distinction is not found in the Koran, and in fact would be anathema to Islamic philosophy.

So yes, I agree the problem arises when politicians get ahold of religion. It is just that Islam is geared to a marriage of church and state. Therefore secularizing Islam necessarily requires more effort.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:20 PM

Default I disagree wtih one thing for sure...

[ QUOTE ]
Now don't get me wrong. I've been to Jordan and Egypt and for the most part, nobody gives a [censored] about politics. but its still muslims-first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eeh, I don't know about this. I have met quite a few middle easterners (from Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, etc.) and many of them are infinitely more politically aware than your average American. Ask Egyptians about Nasser and see how fast a political discussion gets going.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: I disagree wtih one thing for sure...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now don't get me wrong. I've been to Jordan and Egypt and for the most part, nobody gives a [censored] about politics. but its still muslims-first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eeh, I don't know about this. I have met quite a few middle easterners (from Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, etc.) and many of them are infinitely more politically aware than your average American. Ask Egyptians about Nasser and see how fast a political discussion gets going.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because the smart ones are able to get out of the cesspool and go to America.

Joe Egyptian doesn't ever get outside his little village and isn't concerned about much in the political realm outside of why his mayor hasn't fixed the sewage problem outside his house. Same as 99% of this planet.