Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Please give a hand to...

the Righteous Bad Beat PD. you guys pulls out more fake badges than those toy cops posted up at the Galleria. flaming someone to teach them a lesson, show them the right[eous] path, or get your point across does more harm than it does good. if it were a such thing as "The Moral Majority" in online poker forums, then you guys would be bootleg Popes, Cardinals, and Bishops. that's not saying a whole helluva lot.

if someone wants to write a bad beat post or authors a thread on the shadiness of online poker, so what? if anything, you make yourself look [dumb and dumber] by getting pissed off about a subject that does'nt even directly affect you personally, nor your pocket$. it's ridiculous to see grown men and women in these forums acting like their in elementary school.

the best thing to do when you see a thread on a subject you see no possible interest in or benefit to come out of it is to simply: [ QUOTE ]
DO NOT READ IT!

[/ QUOTE ] four words that spell out a clear, concise action. an action that is real easy to do, not too complicated, but yet, so many seem too disregard it's simple directive. nobody is anybody to the point where they can tell somebody else what they can and can't do in these forums. if David and Mat Sklansky had such a problem with these type subjects, it's their job to police it, not yours. if your performance in bad beat enforcement was graded on how well you prevented bad beat or rigged online poker threads [crimes], then it's no wonder you're entrusted with policing 11 year old boosters at KayBee's with a walkie-talkie.

in the immortal words of Mason Malmuth:
[ QUOTE ]
nothing else needs to be said.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-14-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: online poker on the up and up?

People fail to realize that Hold 'Em is a game of exploiting small edges. Aces will get cracked by 72o 13 times out of 100! Combined with the fact that most scenarios aren't as cut & drued as "best hand vs. worst" and you see a lot of hands online and it's a game ripe for bad beats. Don't like bad beats? Play another form of poker. I understand Omaha and Stud are less forgiving...
Old 05-14-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Please give a hand to...

[ QUOTE ]
if anything, you make yourself look [dumb and dumber] by getting pissed off about a subject that does'nt even directly affect you personally, nor your pocket$.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you not just do the same thing?
Old 05-14-2005, 04:48 PM

If you are smart you will get yourself a pattern mapper and be one step ahead of the foul riggers.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:13 PM

Don't you think it's possible that people here are just tired of crap clogging up our forums? It DOES affect us directly.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think it's possible that people here are just tired of crap clogging up our forums? It DOES affect us directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

so how DOES if affect you? does it affect you Physically or Mentally ? are you and a bunch of other posters who have a problem with these threads sitting around in therapy because of the physical and emotional abuse that they have caused you? what about Financially ? does the fact that the OP posing a question of online poker being rigged prevent you from making your money from poker? please tell me, because if it is maybe i need to start some of these threads and then log on to your table.

the majority of the posts in this thread are from people who did'nt even start it. so you tell me who's really doing the clogging?
Old 05-16-2005, 07:42 PM

I really think most of the people on this forum need to chill out a little. What I'm saying is not a bad beat post. I'm questioning something that most of you think is unquestionable.

How many of you have seen these instances?
You're 4 tabling on Partypoker - Every time you get a pocket pair, you get pocket pairs on all the other tables
On Bodog - stright flushes cracking flushes multiple times(like 5 times in about 10-12 rounds i.e 120 hands). Is that just normal variance. Probably. What if it happens every single day?

Even if the action is not juiced, could it be possible that the algorithm used to ensure randomness is flawed at these sites.

Again, this is not a bad beat post. I realise that 72o can crack AA. If you dont have anything constructive to say then dont say it. I'm personally moving to B & M for now and I've been doing quite well.

Who knows, maybe I'm full of sh*t and just couldn't deal with the 4x bad beats that come with 4 tabling. cheers