Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: my 1% plan

Deposit $100 and whore your way to $2k, at least then you'll have a proper bankroll without risking your "own" money.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:30 PM

I deposited $100 when I first started and haven't taken a single penny out of my real-work funds yet nor do I ever intend too. I just don't understand the point of limiting how much money you take from you paycheck if you are a winning player. If you are a winning player, and play within your bankroll, then you don't need to ever take extra funds from your paycheck.

Anyways, 85-100k job straight out of college? You aren't Chelsea Clinton per chance?
Old 05-09-2005, 01:15 PM

Don't miss reading this thread in the Psychology Forum.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:19 PM

Man there sure is some arrogant people around here. seriously, who the HELL cares if he wants to spend a piddly 1% or 10% or whatever of his salary on poker. If he's not a winning player that's noone elses business but his own, and noone gives a F*!@ who made what with a $100 deposit. Some guys I know spend probably half their wage on their car, others spend the same on drugs and alcohol or DVD's. "Spending" money at poker would not be the end of the world. This game is primarily for ENTERTAINMENT after all...
Old 05-09-2005, 01:26 PM

Just because someone wants to take a small portion of their income and have some fun doesn't mean they are a gambling addict. Wake up folks. I think that your plan is fine, but it sounds very conservative. If you are just trying to be conservative, then you're fine doing this. It's hard to answer your question since you don't really say what your goals are as far as poker. You say you can have fun and invest any money you win. If you are just trying to have fun and not lose a lot of money, then you have a great plan. If this is all you're trying to do I'm not sure the point of asking your question on these forums.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: How about 1 hour plan?

yeah I was thinking about this also. -asking a bunch of gamblers about your gambling problem... nice.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I graduate from college in 2 weeks, and soon after I'll enter into a position paying $85k-$100k per year.

Im curious as to what you will be doing making this kind of money. Where did you go to college? What was your major? Who will you be working for?

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

The second I read this part of his post I thought it was BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

If poster takes a job in Iraq helping rebuild the oil infrastructure, he will make about this much. But in that case, poker will be the last of your worries.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Re: How about 1 hour plan?

[ QUOTE ]
yeah I was thinking about this also. -asking a bunch of gamblers about your gambling problem... nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the fact that those gamblers are overwhelmingly against the plan is pretty telling.

Glad to hear you are reconsidering.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I graduate from college in 2 weeks, and soon after I'll enter into a position paying $85k-$100k per year.

Im curious as to what you will be doing making this kind of money. Where did you go to college? What was your major? Who will you be working for?

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Career Services keeps a record of the salary offers for graduating seniors (obviously without names attached). It seems feasible if he is telling us his expected salary in a few years. Way high for starting salary though. For the last 3 years, the high offer for a BS in PE was $65k. No numbers yet for this year. Salary info

Aside from that, I can certainly confirm that OU and the College of Engineering will go out of their way to help students. Particularly National Merit Scholars. I've got to admit that we get treated better than we probably should around here.

I'm far from an expert on these types of matters, but I agree with the majority here that limiting yourself to 1% of your salary will do you absolutely no good if you are a winning player. I'd recommend either not playing or setting a strict time limit. Either way, be sure to stick with it.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

As most people have already stated, 1% is just stupid. It seems like a number you imagined in your brain either as an excuse to tell us how much you think you'll be making in a few months. You could have much more easily called it your $1000 plan or $850 plan, whatever.

If your post is serious, or anyone who reads it can relate to the addictive aspects of it, I think it is definitely worth it to set a cap on how much you can lose during a set period of time. Good luck.