Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: most hated sports figure.... any sport?

Barry Bonds is at the top of the list. Very likely that he is a juicer but won't admit it. Always been a bad guy. No perform in the playoffs (how does he NOT throw out Sid Bream???). Just an all around no class jerk (from all appearances).

The two guys that epitomize why I hate the NBA:
Shaq / Kobe
I'll start with Shaq - he is EVERYTHING that is wrong with the NBA all wrapped up in one 7'+ 400lb package. He doesn't care about the regular season (despite the fact that floorside tix are $500+ at most arenas). He can't shoot. He's good because he's big. If I were 7'4 / 400lbs I would be "unstoppable" too. He cares more about his "other ventures" than he does about his game. He considers himself a philosopher when in fact he's a college grad of average intelligence. The game is boring when he plays.

Kobe : Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me

I used to hate Iverson for the same reason, but I think that AI's problem is that he doesn't have anyone around him so he HAS to shoot, though his "practice, he's talkin' 'bout practice" rant at a press conference a few years back put him on my Hated radar. I thought his comments about Kobe were pretty funny "he ain't so squeaky clean now is he" or something like that, but listening to him use "squeaky clean" like 6 times in 3 minutes was very funny.

Romanowski - I hate that guy too. don't give me the 110% crap, spitting in another players face is not acceptable, Romo is on 'roids. Breaking a teammates jaw at practice is not acceptable. This guy is a bonafide, Grade "A" JERK!

That is all

FishNChips
Old 05-09-2005, 02:24 PM

You have to care about Ryan Leaf before you can hate him.

Also, I love Bonds enough to cancel out all the hate. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's good because he's big.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is stupid. Do you see why?
Old 05-09-2005, 02:27 PM

There is no way Barry Bonds is the most hated. He's not even close, and he shouldn't be in the discussion. While there are people who do not like him for one reason or another, there are many, many, many more people who love him. He is one of the most popular players in baseball. Hell, he's my favorite player, and I'm a Dodgers fan. To be the "most hated," I think the player has to pretty much be universally hated.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:32 PM

I would like to amend my answer to include Karl Malone.

-McGee
Old 05-09-2005, 02:39 PM

Al Campanis
Old 05-09-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were 7'4 / 400lbs I would be "unstoppable" too

[/ QUOTE ]
Shaq is not that big but whatever. career averages of 27 and 12

Gheorghe Muresan was 7'7" 315lbs. Career averages of 10 and 6. not really unstoppable.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where you give me the "footwork, balance, agility for his size" crap. Then you go to "Shawn Bradley, Mutombo, Dare" as examples of big people who weren't good. Here's my point : given Shaq's OBVIOUS size/strength advantage he should be MUCH more dominant than he is. He can't shoot outside of about 6 feet. He has turned the game into a bang-fest rather than a show of athletic ability (ala Jordon/Bird/Magic/Drexler). He backs down smaller centers, initiating contact that should be considered a foul but is not, he pushes off for rebounds (never gets called), if he were even a 75% free throw shooter how many more points would he have scored? He refused to get into shape for the last 2 seasons with the Lakers and upon being traded to Miami, which he took as "disrespect", he got his fat ASS in shape and became dominant again. I guess the huge contract in LA wasn't enough motivation.
He's a big fat giant ass!

So, I guess the answer to the question is "no, I don't see why" you snippy little bitch.

FishNChips
Old 05-09-2005, 02:50 PM

Jay Buhner by far....a very distant second is Romanowski.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where you give me the "footwork, balance, agility for his size" crap. Then you go to "Shawn Bradley, Mutombo, Dare" as examples of big people who weren't good. Here's my point : given Shaq's OBVIOUS size/strength advantage he should be MUCH more dominant than he is. He can't shoot outside of about 6 feet. He has turned the game into a bang-fest rather than a show of athletic ability (ala Jordon/Bird/Magic/Drexler). He backs down smaller centers, initiating contact that should be considered a foul but is not, he pushes off for rebounds (never gets called), if he were even a 75% free throw shooter how many more points would he have scored? He refused to get into shape for the last 2 seasons with the Lakers and upon being traded to Miami, which he took as "disrespect", he got his fat ASS in shape and became dominant again. I guess the huge contract in LA wasn't enough motivation.
He's a big fat giant ass!

So, I guess the answer to the question is "no, I don't see why" you snippy little bitch.

FishNChips

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not why. Of COURSE he is better because he's bigger. He's a freak of nature. That's why he's a professional athlete. Do you think Carl Lewis is a joke too? He wouldn't be such hot [censored] if he couldn't run faster than everybody else. Mark Spitz is terrible. He can just swim faster than everybody else, that's why he won all those medals. Your argument is stupid.