Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Empire gives me the boot

so if you play a fair amount at each skin each month, in non-reload periods you should be fine right?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:50 PM

We don't know yet. Right now, all I can say is I am sure my Empire account is closed. They won't give me a reason, that makes sense (they quoted abandonment, but that takes 180 days of inactivity). And during the year I have been on empire, I have made more in bonuses than my MGR. From what is posted here and elsewhere, I think they are cleaning up the bonus whores before their next reload on 5/10. IMHO

Vern
Old 05-05-2005, 10:38 PM

I'm another who's account was closed. My wife's has not been closed. We only play at ANY Party skin during a reload. We have never colluded, chip dumped, or anything even remotely dishonest. So yes, it looks as if bonus whores are being targetted. Oh, we play $1/2 mostly.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:11 AM

The evidence is building that Empire has insititued a major change not tolerating BW's.

Can anyone else please report they had their account closed?

How long before this policy is implemented at Party, Intertops, and so on (rhetorical)?
Old 05-06-2005, 10:48 AM

Yep, me too! Just noticed it today when I tried to login. Got a popup message that my account has been temporarily frozen and was given a number to call. Called that number and was told to email vip@empirepoker.com with my screen name and ask for the reason and to get the account opened. Vip's reply was:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

This account has been randomly checked and found to consist with suspicious and wrongful actions that we don't support at EmpirePoker.com. As a result, we regret to inform you that the account has been closed permanently by the Management. The process is unfortunately not reversible and we thank you for the time you played with us.

For further information please refer to our terms and conditions. http://www.empirepoker.com/about_us/...formation.html "

My reply to that was:

"Please explain in detail what the "suspicious and wrongful actions" were that caused my account to be closed."

Their resopnse:

"Unfortunately we cannot provide you with any further information. The account has been closed due to a Management decision and is final and irreversable."

My reply:

"You've told me I've done something "suspicious and wrongful," yet you won't tell me what it is, and you won't give me a chance to defend myself? Does Empire Poker wish to be known for dealing unilaterally and unfairly with its customers?

I will be posting the substance of our correspondences on all of the Internet Poker Forums. Good luck with your site in the future."

Haven't heard anything back from them since (about an hour).

Since I opened my account in January, I have only played Empire to clear bonuses, a mix of $0.50/$1 and $1/$2 limit hold'em. I have cleared $550 in bonuses and paid $122 in rake according to PT. I signed up with a supposedly reputable affiliate who frequently posts on this forum. This was before I was aware of the benefits awaiting a low-limit whore like myself. Obviously, I have not received any rakeback since my MGR is highly negative (thus I am not expecting any rakeback). This is in no way any reflection on my affiliate. I'm just adding this in the interest of full disclosure.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will be posting the substance of our correspondences on all of the Internet Poker Forums. Good luck with your site in the future."

[/ QUOTE ]

You should do just this. I checked CardPlayer forum and RGP, and saw nothing on this issue. These and other forums need to know what is going on now before this goes too far.

Everyone who plays Empire including the fish needs to know that they are closing accounts randomly without explaination.

If you are having a problem people, [b] COMPLAIN everywhere that you can.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:15 AM

If you play $2/$4 and up then your MGR will not be negative.
I do play accross all the account expect intertops.

I am all good.

SFWUSC
Old 05-06-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
would someone with some PT and access to data at several different levels of play care to do some calculations and figure out at what point empire loses money from whoring...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is amount of rake generated over the course of 500 raked hands. I trust everyone here can extrapolate this out to 700, 1,000 or whatever raked hands:

$.50/$1.00: $33.08 (sample size 2,519 hands)
$1/$2: $37.37 (sample size 3,270 hands)
$1/$2 6Max: $64.86 (sample size 14,396 hands)
$2/$4: $88.03 (sample size 6,266 hands)
$3/$6: $116.38 (sample size 7,795 hands)

5x, $3/$6 or bigger play is profitable
7x, $2/$4 or bigger play is profitable
10x, $1/$2 SH or $2/$4 FR or bigger play is profitable
Need about a 15x for a $.50/$1 player to be profitable.

I do realize, but have ignored, that sites have processing costs associated with moving money around.

And you're a good naughty CW [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]