Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: worst brain fart during a game?

I forgot to add I felt pretty bad about this.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:58 AM

multitabling some low level ring game. I have four of a kind on the flop, playing against some guy who probably has a full house. capping every level. as i go to call the final cap on the river, switching between tables, i accidentally hit fold...
still burns me.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:19 AM

Since then I have a rule in massive pots: Just turn your stupid cards over and let the dealer figure it out. I had already been playing for a very long time at that stage, but the size of the pot and all of the raising turned me into an idiot.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:05 PM

I've had 2. The first I was playing 15-30 last year and got a free pass with 92o in the BB. 3 of us see flop K9x. I check, solid nice guy old timer bets and I peel one to see if he'll fire a 2nd bullet. Turn 9. I c/r, he calls. River blank. I look down for chips, bet and look up to see him in the 10 seat toss his cards nonchalantly in front of him. I'm in the 3 seat, figure he folded and bullseye the muck. Dealer says "he called". He beat me into the pot knowing he was toast. He had a K and I lose. It wasn't a move by him. I just blew it.

Second happened yesterday. Not sure if it played a role in it, but it was a 13 hour live session with the coldest deck I've ever had. Started at 15-30 and was up for the first 30 min's and stuck frozen for the next 12 1/2 hours.

About 11 hours in I have 77 and 5 of us see a BB raised flop of KTT. Ch'd around. Turn x ch'd around. River K and ch'd to loose half-ass tricky guy behind me who bets. I call like a guppy who can't read a board thinking my 77 could beat his A. He had KT. I made 3 bad plays yesterday and that fishy one got the blue ribbon. "Singing to the ocean, I can hear the ocean's roar...."
Old 05-05-2005, 02:57 PM

This one is unbeatable:
In a live game I had flopped trip 8's and a very new fish who didnt know how to play had rivered a straight. He then showed his cards before beting (he was new and didnt know better) and i didnt see his wheel str8, so i bet and he called, and i looked like a total jackass!
Old 05-05-2005, 04:43 PM

There was this one time, I had sauerkraut and warm beer for lunch plus all the fried pork rings at the table and I felt this rumbling coming up right as I was raising on the river after I had missed my flush draw........ oh , wait, you said *BRAIN* fart at the table... ah ok.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:30 PM

I was playing $25 PLO at Empire. (Wait, you weren't just asking highrollers, right ?). The hand is checked around on the flop, and a possible straight comes up on the turn. UTG pots, obvious nut straight. Everyone folds to me, with the same nut straight and a flush redraw, I pot it right back, putting me all in. No flush comes up on the river, and I'm fully expecting to get half the pot. Just as I look at my cards again, I realize I went all in with a second best straight. Kicking myself real hard.

Oh, btw. First post here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2005, 05:40 AM

Final 4 of one of my first $22 SNGs. Blinds at 50/100. I've got T2900 in the BB, chip leader is at T3100 in the SB. Button has T970. UTG has T30. UTG and Button folds. SB completes, I check with K4o. Flop comes 8J5. He checks, for some reason I feel the need to bet T150. He raises all-in to T3100. I INSTACALL my last T2750 with King-high and bust the bubble much to the joy of the absolutely AMAZED shortstack with his T30 that was all-in the very next hand. I just sat there in shock for about five minutes and felt like I was going to lose control of my bladder. It was surreal.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:01 AM

I accidently folded the nut straight on the flop while playing Crazy Pineapple and multitabling. Missed a big pot.

Also, tonight I had a dream that I accidently called a huge all-in bet with ten high on the turn at a Pacific Poker NLHE game. I felt really relieved when I realize it wasn't for real.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:22 PM

One time there was this royal flush on the board in a live game and I folded.

Lawrence