Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker $3/$6 is NOT LOOSE nor FISHY

cool ..his old website at http://www.posev.com/poker/holdem/st...lop-abdul.html has been down for awhile.All his stuff used to be on here.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:58 PM

Thanks GG,

You gave me few things to think about (my game and also location). I play 3-6 exclusively at Party (no r-back). I tend to get stuck in routines [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and lately have been having a very hard time winning. I've been breaking even to slightly losing. I am sure there are leaks that I need to find and plug up. However, at the same time almost every 3 table I find has a vp% of 15-19. If you had to recommend one site to try first, which would it be?

To take a break, I decided to try that challenge in the "general" forum, so I am currently at .5/1 working myself up to +50BB [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:26 PM

I would stay at Party get rakeback as long as it's still available and move up slowly.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:54 PM

Nice stuff goodguy.

for those who have complained in this thread about goodguy's posts.
1 - I agree they could be a bit easier to read.
2 - If you want to learn something you will suck it up and deal with the lack of paragraphs. It shouldn't be that big a deal.

Goodguy has been doing this longer than most of us and has a proven track-record of success. He obviously thinks about what is going on too.

I sometimes disagree with his assessments but I also understand that I haven't been doing it as long and my win-rate is not as good as his.
Also, I haven't been playing party 3/6 for quite awhile so I can no longer comment on the beatability of that game.

I believe it was jeffage in this thread who mentioned something like, 'why is everyone so insistent on staying at party?' which is a good point.

Obviously this discussion is about the party 3/6 game so that is why goodguy and others have been disecting it so thoroughly.

But goodguy has long been an advocate of site-hopping and level hopping to find the very best games. He hasn't really been discussing that in this thread obviously.

When I first started doing this full-time (about a year ago) I got a few PM's from goodguy with some terrific advice that was very helpful.

Included were some of his ideas on low-stakes NL as well that I printed off and kept.
was using for quite awhile (with my own little changes).

I think many of the 3/6 players here would be wise to similarly print some of goodguy's ideas from this thread.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you've missed the point of what imitation was saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, to clarify this, imitation made a false assumption. In my op I wrote that "I had 12 tables open...". I didnt mean that to sound like I play 12 tables. I had 3 skins open, trying to scout out a soft game.

I 4 table only, which I find to be a reasonable amount.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But goodguy has long been an advocate of site-hopping and level hopping to find the very best games. He hasn't really been discussing that in this thread obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Bob I dont site hop much since I got rakeback last November. I think the easiest way to make money is to multi-table LHE. I actually love to play NLHE and my NLHE results are excellent-the game is more fun to play but I need to really focus to multi-table NL..LHE you dont have to focus to do well it's just easier or lazier. Problem with NL for me when multi-tabling is there are too many variables specifically -how much to bet.There is less work involved in profitably playing LHE right now. The NLHE full games for me really tightened up some time ago. The 6MAX NLHE are where it's at- if I played NL full time again I would play $1-2 NL 6MAX. I have gone thru periods where I played almost all NLHE and PLO and very little LHE.

The main reason I focus on staying at Party is that they have the best LHE games. LHE ring games will make you substantially more per hand in rakeback as you know than bigbet games unless you play real big big bet games which I dont do. So yea I was an advocate of finding the best games anywhere but now it just isnt worth it for me. It's purely a monetary decision and it's easier just to focus on one room. Like I said thu not mixing it up gets boring so I've been playing some MTT's of late. Also I still know what's going on at all the smaller rooms and it isnt like 1-2 years ago. Alot of the smaller rooms are less fishy than they used to be at least those that have survived. Even Total Poker fishiest site anywhere has tightened up a bit. Also things change.I used to play alot of NL at Paradise and then they effectively killed their good Full NLHE games by adding 5MAX tables.PokerStars LHE ring games are the most improved.Many rooms away from Party have a substantial percentage of their players playing rakeback ie PokerRoom that makes for crappy games.If I'm going to butt heads with props/rakeback grinders I want to be at a site that can best mix those games up with fish and crank out fast hands as well.
When rakeback disappears I will definetly play more sites and return to playing a bigger variety of games. In general I think really utilizing rakeback retards your growth as a player if youarent careful. I'm trying to improve on my game as I grind it out but it's alot of work. It's just a subsidy that allows you to do the same old thing..but it doesnt mean you can't push yourself. It easy to become complacent thu making an extra $600 a week or $2500 a month.
Rakeback will always be around somewhere online but if it's in crappy games who cares?

Hopefully by the time Party gets rid of all rakeback I'll be playing at a higher level so I wont feel the sting so bad.