Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What are your favorite poker websites?
Party Poker 99 31.73%
Pacific Poker 13 4.17%
Poker Stars 58 18.59%
Poker Champs 2 0.64%
Absolute Poker 8 2.56%
Ultimate Bet 23 7.37%
Poker Room 13 4.17%
Prima Poker 7 2.24%
Paradise Poker 31 9.94%
Full Tilt Poker 20 6.41%
Other (for only 1 other) 29 9.29%
Other (for 2nd other) 9 2.88%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: How much is PlayerView worth to you?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because the upside is so great (hundreds of dollars an hour), we (royal in this case) are willing to shell out whatever it takes in order to earn so much.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you wrote novels for a living, would you pay hundreds if not thousands of dollars for a pen? If you were a carpenter for a living, would you pay hundreds if not thousands of dollars for a hammer?

And is Half Life 2 worth $0 because it adds nothing to your earn rate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautifully put!
Old 05-03-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no way I could play as many tables or play them as effectively without playerview. I would pay hundreds if not thousands for the program.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be the single stupidest thing that I have ever heard in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you replied is about 10 times more ignorant, and I agree as would most sucessful mid limit multi-tablers with his comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

You agree that most mid-limit multi-tablers would pay "hundreds if not thousands" for PV? Do you by any chance own any swampland in Florida?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's clear you don't understand the meaning of the question. mid-limit multi-tablers pay thousands of dollars a month in order to make a living (rake). Playerview for them (and myself) is merely the cost of doing business, just as rake is. Because the upside is so great (hundreds of dollars an hour), we (royal in this case) are willing to shell out whatever it takes in order to earn so much.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, there is no "question" here. You made a statement of fact that you would be willing to pay "hundreds if not thousands for the program."

I am saying to you that that is the single stupidest thing that I have ever read, which is also a statement of fact as I see it.

If you truly feel that PV will continue to make you money over the long haul then, by all means, go ahead and pay the $50. However, do not tell me that you would pay "hundreds if not thousands for the program." Furthermore, do not agree with the over-generalization that "most sucessful mid limit multi-tablers" would also pay that ridiculous amount of "hundreds if not thousands". If you would truly pay that much for this program then there is seriously something the matter with you.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no way I could play as many tables or play them as effectively without playerview. I would pay hundreds if not thousands for the program.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be the single stupidest thing that I have ever read in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, and go f uck yourself.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

Comical.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because the upside is so great (hundreds of dollars an hour), we (royal in this case) are willing to shell out whatever it takes in order to earn so much.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you wrote novels for a living, would you pay hundreds if not thousands of dollars for a pen? If you were a carpenter for a living, would you pay hundreds if not thousands of dollars for a hammer? And is Half Life 2 worth $0 because it adds nothing to your earn rate?

[/ QUOTE ]

These analogies aren't equivalent.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

These analogies are PERFECTLY equivalent. He is giving examples of a craftsman who is willing to pay some outrageous amount for a tool of his trade which is a result of doing business which will ultimately lead to him making more money at his craft.

There is no difference between his analogies and the one you make regarding poker and the tools that you use to increase your profits.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:58 PM

Here is what playerview is worth to me over the past 2 months. I can play 8 tables instead of 4 of 2/4 full. Also, I would say my winrate is 4BB/100 instead of 3BB/100 without. In addition, the reduced workload of having to use export notes features in pokertracker etc. etc. nets me oh say $5 an hour.

So, without playerview I would make about 3BB/100 * 4 tables * 60 hands/ table * $4/BB. So about $30 an hour.

With playerview, I make about 4BB/100 * 8 tables * 60 hands/table * 4BB + $5/hr. So about $80 an hour.

Do you see how a "simple" program can be worth so much to me? It doesn't matter that I will never pay $1000 for the program, simply because I am on the outer edge of the demand curve--amir won't be maximizing profits if the list price is $1k, but a couple thousand is still my reserve price.

Incidentally, if amir was maximizing profits by selling playerview for $1000 I can guaruntee you he would have at least 3-5 competetitors producing equivalent products within a month.

-SmileyEH
Old 05-03-2005, 04:59 PM

I've payed $10k in rake this year. That is the analogy you are looking for.

-SmileyEH
Old 05-03-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is what playerview is worth to me over the past 2 months. I can play 8 tables instead of 4 of 2/4 full. Also, I would say my winrate is 4BB/100 instead of 3BB/100 without. In addition, the reduced workload of having to use export notes features in pokertracker etc. etc. nets me oh say $5 an hour.

So, without playerview I would make about 3BB/100 * 4 tables * 60 hands/ table * $4/BB. So about $30 an hour.

With playerview, I make about 4BB/100 * 8 tables * 60 hands/table * 4BB + $5/hr. So about $80 an hour.

Do you see how a "simple" program can be worth so much to me? It doesn't matter that I will never pay $1000 for the program, simply because I am on the outer edge of the demand curve--amir won't be maximizing profits if the list price is $1k, but a couple thousand is still my reserve price.

Incidentally, if amir was maximizing profits by selling playerview for $1000 I can guaruntee you he would have at least 3-5 competetitors producing equivalent products within a month.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

What it is "worth" to you and what you would "pay" for it are 2 entirely different things. Your exact words were "I would pay hundreds if not thousands for the program."

So, if PV is worth $5000 to you this year, would that be what you are willing to pay for it? If so, then you would be reaping exactly ZERO DOLLARS from the programs benefits.

Say what you mean and mean what you say. What it is worth and what you would pay are two mutually exclusive things.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

What it is "worth" to you and what you would "pay" for it are 2 entirely different things. Your exact words were "I would pay hundreds if not thousands for the program."

So, if PV is worth $5000 to you this year, would that be what you are willing to pay for it? If so, then you would be reaping exactly ZERO DOLLARS from the programs benefits.

Say what you mean and mean what you say. What it is worth and what you would pay are two mutually exclusive things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me put this clearly. If the only way I could use playerview was to pay several thousand dollars, I would pay it. How much is it worth to me? I dunno, over a year - probably more than $10k but less than $50k.

Just like any poker player who wants to make x amount of money playing online poker is willing to "pay" some fraction of x (between 0.3 and 1.5 I would think) in rake.

-SmileyEH
Old 05-03-2005, 05:11 PM

For what its worth to those lower limit players, Smiley is 100% correct and it cannot be argued. What I really want to know is: whats your Party nickname so I can figure out how you make 4 BB/100 8 tabling.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To claim your arguement is based on semantics is pretty revisionist I might add.

-SmileyEH