Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Future of RakeBack at Party Skins

[ QUOTE ]
Just seems to me IF Party can reinvigorate its affiliate program to its initial objective-getting new players..it would be good for Party and regular players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what the ultimate outcome will be, but it seems grossly unfair for a player to play 40,000 hands per month, generate a ton of rake, and get no compensation for it; while his affiliate gets rich for doing nothing more than taking 5 minutes to sign him up under his code.

I have a feeling that this might end up helping some of the larger non-Party skins like UB, who openly welcome players getting rakeback. This might be their chance to start closing the gap.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when I move to a new apartment with rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

man they have these now ?? I wouldn't have bought a house had I known that !!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] busguy

[/ QUOTE ]

eek, me speak engrish ...

of course they have apartments with rakeback!

I have accts with 5 partypoker skins, none with rakeback. should i open new accounts with partypoker using my new address to earn rakeback?
Old 04-28-2005, 04:11 AM

I think at the end of the day the IPO has a lot to do with it but also I suspect all the recent spate of super affiliate rakeback sites that have opened up and are openly offering rakeback (even if only on the skins) have caused party to take action.

I also suspect that pressure will come onto the other skins to stop the practice as well, as they seem to have the software they can put pressure on Empire/Coral etc and contract dependant could even threaten to cut off the skins which would leave them with the option of trying to get on another network or bow to Party's will.

Be interesting to see how this pans out, but I dont see it affecting the numbers we see on Party each night, even if there is 1500-2000 rakebackers jumping ship (hell even if it is 10,000 overall) thats a small percentage of their player base.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:26 AM

A small percentage, yes, but those are also going to be some of the highest volume players, so naturally they will count for more than just a few percent taking MGR into account.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:22 AM

I think rakeback is very important for volume. It allows players to constantly increase the number of tables (and the loss in BB/100 hands it brings) with a buffer.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:30 AM

I have accts with 5 partypoker skins, none with rakeback

you should sign up and get rakeback
Old 04-28-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Future of RakeBack at Party Skins, there is no future

[ QUOTE ]
april 27th 4:33 Et 49008 players on 6559 tables. They don't care about any affiliates or rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of these are not necessarily Party players.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Future of RakeBack at Party Skins, there is no future

Doesn't Party allow Rakeback in the form of Party certificates? That you can deposit directly to your party account and cash out? Is it really THAT different to get direct rakeback and party "dollars"? Or did Party do away with their certificate program thing they were allowing?
Old 04-28-2005, 10:08 AM

This whole thing is among the stupider things I have EVER heard of a company doing.

Let's see, Party gives out 1-2 bonus codes per month to get people to reload their accounts and play more.

If these same people got rakeback, they'd be able to play more/longer on their $$$. Also, if they lost $500 or so, they wouldn;t feel so bad borrowing $$$ from a friend to play more if they knew they had $300 coming back at the end of the month.

Not to mention the fact that if affiliates keep all the $$$, in most cases, that is $$$, taken out of the poker economy, specifically, Party's economy.

This is the early stages of Party scaling back what they pay affiliates, if not cancelling them outright in time,(which I doubt). My thought is they will go to a flat pay for all referrals, that's all.

I'm sure that IGM's thought process is; "the only people who get alot of rakeback are pros. We don't need pros. If people know they have $$$ coming back at the end of the month, they won't deposit more, and our $$$ base will collapse upon itself."

All of which, of course, is utter nonsense.

It has been stated elsewhere that affiliates will just take their business and customers to anhter party skin where they will not get a hassle. This is already happening, and as for my own personal play, they can say goodbye to 8k a month minimum, and many of my friends.

The smartest thing party could ever do would be to offer direct rakeback into player's PP accounts WITHOUT the affiliates on a monthly, escalating scale basis. Don;t count on it happening
Old 04-28-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's already loose. It's been loose. It'll stay loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not loose compared to typical B&M (especially at lower limits) and games can toughen up for all sorts of reasons. Making it too easy for multi-tabler data miners (who usually play tighter) is not in Party's interest IN THE LONG RUN (keeping these players for an IPO is a special situation).

~ Rick