Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Re: The piece of sh*t didn\'t get enough of a beating if you ask me...

[ QUOTE ]
Dude this is obviously photoshopped.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, I saw him on the news and he looks even worse than this. From the picture you can't really see the bloody cuts all over the top of his forehead. Dude's pretty fu*ked up...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[
No jury in the world convicts the involved officers of anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesnt mean it's right

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its BECAUSE its right.

What do you want, to fire the officers who beat this piece of crap for doing something HUMAN?

I guess you're just better than the rest of us if you wouldn't take a few swipes at someone who killed a guy who was almost family. I suggest you ask some officers of the law what they would do in this same case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said what I Would do. I have no idea what I would do. But I would like to think that when it was all said and done if I did in fact shoot, or beat the guy, I would know what I did was wrong, and accept the appropriate punishment with dignity.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And anyway, why has no one mentioned the fact the guy killed the cop, WITH HIS OWN GUN!!.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my earlier post in this thread a little more closely.

Your trolling would have been better if you hadn't admitted that was what you were doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the part where you just bit.

Anyone else forget the fact that this guy is technically innocent until proven guilty.

Personally, I'm kind of down with the notion that the state can't totally hijack my rights without due process of law. Of course I could be wrong and those 18th century dumbasses with last names like Jefferson and Adams could have been totally drunk when they authored the 5th and 6th amendments.

Once due process has taken place, let this guy rot in a hole somewhere for the rest of his life or stick a needle in his arm, whatever makes that cop's widow feel better. But until that's happened, this is just goonery.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do corrupt governments have to do with killing a guy? It's clearly a dangerous precedent to say that this guy doesn't deserve a trial, because you could apply that to other cases where there is some shady stuff going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered your own question.

[ QUOTE ]
But we're not talking in this particular instance about a guy who is suspected of killing a cop, but a guy who actually did it, unless you believe that the other cops killed him and are setting this random dude up, but that seems a little too cinematic for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's happened before, and it will happen again. If you want some real "cinematic" reading you should check out Michael Livines books. He was described as "America's Top Cop" by 60 minutes. Read "The Big White Lie" and "Deep Cover". Like I said, not all cops are good.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a rarity, but I am in complete agreement with wacki. Nice post

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I am much more sober, and happier now, then I was a year and a half ago. Maybe that is part of the reason why.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Except for the part where you just bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you say so.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone else forget the fact that this guy is technically innocent until proven guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

What evidence will be presented above and beyond what is already known? Innocent until found guilty by jury might be a better way of putting it, but come on, now. That's clearly a good thing, and it clearly belongs there, but I also think that one can reasonably conclude that this guy is guilty from the getgo.

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I'm kind of down with the notion that the state can't totally hijak my rights without due process of law.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, fine. I'd still like you to answer my question from earlier in the thread: why is it that you seem to perceive the police beating a guy who they just saw kill another cop in their headquarters is no-go, but this guy likely getting ass raped and beaten up by prisoners in prison is A-OK?
Old 04-19-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Okay, fine. I'd still like you to answer my question from earlier in the thread: why is it that you seem to perceive the police beating a guy who they just saw kill another cop in their headquarters is no-go, but this guy likely getting ass raped and beaten up by prisoners in prison is A-OK?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually a very good point, Im curious to hear his answer.

Wont this guy be treated as a hero in prison tho? I mean he killed cop with his own gun, im sure not many people in prison can say that. My knowldege is limited to bad jean claude van damme movies and TV, but arent cop killers "treated well"????
Old 04-19-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's happened before, and it will happen again.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if it has happened in this case, there is no way in hell a jury trial is going to do anything to change the outcome for this guy. As I've said elsewhere, what kind of evidence is going to be put forward to exonerate him?

I'm not arguing against the protection of the laws; clearly those are good things. Given this particular situation, I think it was probably not unreasonable to expect the cops to use force to subdue this guy. One can debate about whether the force used was excessive or not, but after it's been made clear that just being armed while this guy was not wasn't necessarily enough to protect you, I think that's a tough debate.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:40 AM

OK - let's set the scene up real quick.

Guy is brought in for questioning RE: possible involvement in a stabbing of an 84-year-old woman. During questioning (all legal thus far), and not under arrest, he gets the bright idea to jump a 50-year-old detective, take his gun, and kill him in cold blood.

Following the murder, the guy jumps out a window and runs away. When he's caught by the dead cop's colleagues, they lay a beating on the guy. Since none of us were there, we don't know how the fight went down. Let's say its safe to assume there were more than 1 or 2 cops who wanted their shots at this guy before he was brought in.

OK, MAYBE I can be with you on the whole part about the beating being a little harsh. MAYBE. That is, until I realize that the guy just killed a cop, inside the police station, for no reason. The department should, for publicity's sake (to assuage all the people who actually think this sack of crap didn't deserve a beating) say the officers have been "internally reprimanded" and let them go on about their duty of protecting the law abiding public and taking criminals off the streets.

I don't think anybody feels less safe after all this.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why is it that you seem to perceive the police beating a guy who they just saw kill another cop in their headquarters is no-go, but this guy likely getting ass raped and beaten up by prisoners in prison is A-OK?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that it's A-OK to get raped in prison. I said they should send him to PMITA prison but that was more of a comedic allusion to Office Space.

As far as prison is concerned, it's likely this guy will go directly to death row and have little, if any, contact with other prisoners for the rest of his (now short) life. Were he to be raped or beaten up in prison, I would not condone that either. I have no illusions, however, to the fact that beatings and rapes do take place in prison.

Then again, are you saying we should be A-OK with law enforcement officers acting like prison inmates?