Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2005, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Spider 6-max hands - part 2

i'll take a closer look tomorrow

I think the biggest dynamic in 6max is playing the blinds in raised pots
Old 04-16-2005, 05:10 AM

12: Yeah tough hand, I like it pretty much. If the blinds were definitely playing I think I limp preflop.

13: I raise the turn and definitely bet the river for value.

14: I raise preflop and fold to the river bet.

15: I raise preflop and call the flop 3 bet.

-DeathDonkey
Old 04-16-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure here. I would have probably called the 3bet on the flop each time. If Ed Miller cautions about betting and folding to a raise (not that it's never right to do so, but it's not generally the best plan), it might seem that raising and folding to a 3bet is that much worse, particularly HUSH when people are more likely to try to bully you. I'd probably peel one off to see if I can improve my backdoor draw or lucksack my way into a set, but that may not be right either. Did you have a read in the second hand that told you that the fold would be better there?

Edit: This is for hands 14 and 15.

Another edit: What happened to UTG in hand 14?

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG open folded I think. (edit: he was all-in on the flop somewhere)

as for the raise and folding to a 3-bet. I am *much* more inclined to call the 3-bet when my opponent has position. This allows him to take a free card, which allows me to realize I likely have the best hand. OOP, the 3-bettor is nearly certain to bet the turn.. thus if I don't think I can call the turn bet, I should just be folding to the flop 3-bet. These don't come up too often, so I'm not too concerned about my image.

Neither opponent who did these bet-3bets was particularly aggressive.. just typical.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok, really the last two. so, i need feedback.. are these topics helpful/interesting or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I haven't been following these, and when I first saw them my reaction was: "Why is he posting 6-max hands in the micros forums?"

[/ QUOTE ]

i feel fine posting 1/2 6max in HUSH. these posts are more for micro'ers who are thinking about trying 6max and want to see a mass number of hands which may give an idea of what 6max is all about.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
15: I raise preflop and call the flop 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think these two are tied together. If I raise PF, the pot is that much bigger so I should probably call down in case he is getting aggro with a draw or mid pair.

If he does have a draw, my PP are fairly poor, that he may even have two overcards. Even if I am ahead some % of the time, he may be a favorite to win by showdown.

Both PF raise or not raise decisions were pretty close.. I run at about 14-15 PFR. One limper and I raise 66+. Two limpers and I raise 77+. Three limpers and I raise 88+. These guys were a bit too loose to be able to fold out quickly, so I limped. Blinds weren't tight either, which is what I try for when selecting 6-max tables.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 14 and 15: I'm really curious why you chose to call the 3-bet in hand 14 but fold to the 3-bet in hand 15. Not saying it's wrong, just wondering what you thought the differences were. I hate when I raise and fold to a 3-bet. I do it occasionally at 6 max but I always feel dirty afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the pair card of flushes helps my cause a little bit. All else being equal, I should be more inclined to continue holding that card. I don't think a fold would be bad. Flop 3-bets at these tables were not too common.

[ QUOTE ]
And yes, I like these posts. They're very helpful. I've got about 5k hands at 6 max now but still have a lot to learn, so seeing other points of view on common problem situations is a very good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

thx.