Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Re: What did Temp Hutter say to Tuan Le...

The situation was very different in both of these cases, when he layed down the AT he was laying down a coin flip against a guy he knew he could out play later. I saw this as a smart laydown, proven by getting his money in against that clown in a much better situation later. Temp has already explained the Brenes hand, so I will not rehash.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:08 AM

Yeah, I would like there hear his thoughts on the AT hand, yes the situations were very different, so I would like to know how he processed that.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On another note, what a [censored] horrible acting job by this ass when he makes his flush on the turn. Isn't that sort of acting usually reserved for after a bet's made, and you need to make a big decision? What an idiot...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow apparently you watched the show and are able to reguritate what mike sexton and vvp say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made that post at 10:15, exactly as it was happening. I posted it because I was in disbelief that someone would put on such an over the top acting job and actually think he's convincing his opponent that he's really hurt by a flush card. I think the speed with which Tuan Le flipped his cards into the muck was indicative of how obvious this move is to read.

If you're angry that I said something about the beloved Temp Hutter, I'm not trashing the guy. I think he played really well and got very unlucky. I was surprised that he would think such a ploy would be successful.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All of the poker I played prior to this I have never uttered a single word at the table. Not one single word. I never even said "call" or "raise". I just used hand gestures and facial ticks. There was no pre-conceived strategy to my talking. I decided to start chatting it up only because there was a camera present to record everything I said. Oh, and thanks for your kind words earlier.
not a fan Let me know if you have any other questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to change my mind about you. Thanks for answering my question. I wasn't watching the show that closely so I didn't notice how well anyone was playing. The one thing that did stick out was your talking.

I'm glad you were not doing it to get a read because I'm not a big fan of that strategy.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:38 AM

I thought Temp really outplayed Tuan Le. Some of those bluffs were inspired. But, I also agree with the others that the flush acting job was way over the top. Temp was throwing off "I've got a monster" tells and Tuan Le was throwing off "Hurry up and bet so I can fold" tells.

I quite enjoyed watching Brenes and his running-start All-Ins.

I'm also respectful of Temp for not spewing a cloud of invective over Tuan Le's suckouts. I probably wouldn't have been so composed in his place.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:00 PM

I think that folks who are quick to diss Temp really missed a solid performance. He really had the thought process down, made some excellent reads and should have won the damn thing. I thought the A7s was an easy laydown for the exact reason that Temp expressed on camera (ie the exposed 7), but he went with his gut and you can't hate on someone for that. As for the flush "acting job" I think that horse has been sufficiently beaten. I hope to play as well as Temp in future tournaments.

What I found incredibly funny (albeit totally not ironic) was that a man named Temperance refused an Amber Bock at the end of the show! Classic.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

he seemed fine to me. barry g has said that he's a very tough player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious about this one... Barry might simply be advertising.

When this event was occuring I remeber JA Sucker had a few comments (I think they play in the same 80-160 game). He remarked that the regulars were hoping he would get 2nd or 3rd. They were afraid if he got 1st it might inspire him to become a regular tour pro rather than continually feed the higher limit games. I believe he said people were very happy he did well because he was such a poor player.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm, no. That was the dude who won the Bay101 Shooting Stars Tourney, Danny Nguyen.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:11 PM

lol, you should hear the rumors that fly around bay101 about Danny. Everyone wants a piece of that guy.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:07 PM

You are correct, my mistake.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what was Temp thinking in doing the minimum raise with a stone cold bluff on the river?? How did this guy get to the final table, nevermind getting to the showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was one of the best plays of the night even though it failed. The ONLY way he was going to win that pot was to bluff at it. By raising the minimum it made it look like he was just trying to milk tuan Le for some extra money with a made hand and it also only costs you the minimum amount of chips possible to still make a play at this pot. Tuan made a call with 2 pair on a board with straight and flush possibilities.... not exactly an easy call there