Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 07:15 PM

Default You\' May be Right but ....

So what? The debates had very little impact on the election and are basically meaningless. Bush won by a bigger margin than he did in 00; the Republicans gained seats in the Senate and the House; and the Republicans are in the majority in most states. How can the debates be significant? Also it depends on what you mean by "winning a debate." Some slick snakeoil salesman like Kerry baffles the media with b.s. and they call that a victory. Puhleeze.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Sexual Orientation

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I should be able to fire you because you are Jewish. How does that sound? Maybe I find your religion repulsive?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry did anyone here say gays should be fired....

Did anyone say that it was ok to fire gays.....

Good one Dead, set up a strawman then knock him down NH.\

Geneseo huh....I can see that.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: You\' May be Right but ....

[ QUOTE ]
Some slick snakeoil salesman like Kerry baffles the media with b.s. and they call that a victory. Puhleeze.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, that's an awfully odd description of the debates, at least from this citizen's viewpoint. I think it would be more accurate to say that Kerry "won" the debats because our president came across as a befuddled rube, particularly in the first debate. I think you would find more people who feel Kerry "won" the debates for this reason than because he came across as a "snake oil salesman" who shoveled "bs".
Old 04-12-2005, 11:09 PM

Your grammar is awful, so don't rip on my college. I doubt you even went, and if you did, it surely wasn't to a good school. Typical elitist Republican f***bag.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Im sorry did anyone here say gays should be fired....

Did anyone say that it was ok to fire gays.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Republicans in the House and Senate have made it clear that it is ok to fire gays, by blocking passage of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act. It failed by 1 vote in the Senate a few years back.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the 'appeal to nature' is a fallicy of logical argument, jaxmike, you should know this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually its not. More on that follows.

[ QUOTE ]
1 a : the inherent character or basic constitution of a person or thing : ESSENCE b : DISPOSITION, TEMPERAMENT

[/ QUOTE ]

The inherent state of sexual beings is male-female. Arguing against this is a fools errand.

[ QUOTE ]
4 : the physical constitution or drives of an organism; especially : an excretory organ or function -- used in phrases like the call of nature

[/ QUOTE ]

In the long run, what is the basic drive of all living things? If you answered procreation, you are not an idiot.

[ QUOTE ]

8 : the genetically controlled qualities of an organism
[ QUOTE ]

IE breeding in the case of humans. Humans are born to breed, explain to me how homosexuals can do this.

[ QUOTE ]
i don't see anything that excludes homosexuality from nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you don't.

[ QUOTE ]
and the term 'defect' is a derogotory one based on the assumption that the natural state of each and every human is hetrosexuality

[/ QUOTE ]

Please logically strike down that assumption before you continue. You can't so just stop, you have been defeated by logic and science. Sting a little?

[ QUOTE ]
AND that any deviation from natural norms denotes a 'defect'.

[/ QUOTE ]

defect- An imperfection that causes inadequacy or failure; a shortcoming.

You like the dictionary so much, still want to use it?

[ QUOTE ]
your argument is not logically valid

[/ QUOTE ]

Please show me logically why its not. You cannot.

[ QUOTE ]
which doesn't really matter, since your premises aren't either.

[/ QUOTE ]

My only premise is that liberals are hypocrites (not like conservatives aren't) but they get free passes.

You have been totally and completely defeated in this.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: BUY A DAMN DICTIONARY

Bholdr, you got pwned by Jaxmike. He said so. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe they don't want to be homosexual

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they don't. But then, what does that make homosexuality? See my post above for more on the logic of what I refer to.

[ QUOTE ]
YES or NO: DO YOU THINK HOMOSEXUALITY IS IMMORAL? don't duck my (very reasonable) question- it makes you look like a coward. (not saying you are one, just saying that when you sidestep a direct question it makes you LOOK like one)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I am in a position to judge anyone on morality. I am free to my opinions, I have absolutely no stake in this issue, just simply wanted to point out the homosexual bashing the liberals do.

[ QUOTE ]

you are the very definition of a intolerant:

[/ QUOTE ]

I am far from it.

[ QUOTE ]
1 : unable or unwilling to endure

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. If you knew me, you would agree.

[ QUOTE ]
2 a : unwilling to grant equal freedom of expression especially in religious matters b : unwilling to grant or share social, political, or professional rights

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't fall into this category either. Clearly in a, I make no suggestions of suppression of any group. In b, I think all people should have the right to socialize as they wish (within the law, ie not allowed to give crack to kids, etc.), have the right to their political opinions, and shouldn't be persecuted professionally.

[ QUOTE ]

and you claim that it is the other side that is hateful...
you say that you're not a homophobe, yet you're the very definition of one:

[/ QUOTE ]

This ought to be good.

[ QUOTE ]
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no irrational fear that I hold towards homosexuality or homosexuals. There is no irrational aversion that I have towards homosexuality or homosexuals. There is no irration discrimination that I wish upon homosexuality or homosexuals.

[ QUOTE ]
...of course your little lesbian freind is a convient counterargument for you, but I am not impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't expect someone like you to be impressed.

[ QUOTE ]
"i'm not a homophobe, how could i be i have a HOMOSEXUAL FREIND! i just think that letting them marry like everyone else that's in love would destroy this country" or some such self-contradictory nonsense. [i'm paraphrasing, not quoting]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you don't know what words mean. You were not paraphrasing you were creating out of thin air.

[ QUOTE ]
you probably don't think you're a bigot either:

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't.

[ QUOTE ]
a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really fit this definition either. Yes, I have very strong opinions. However, I am not obstinately devoted to them.

[ QUOTE ]
it's ok, though, nobody thinks that they're a bad person. i don't see where you get off calling other people hatefull

[/ QUOTE ]

You came off as hateful to me. That's where I get off calling you hateful.

[ QUOTE ]
1 : a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not; especially : the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion
2 : an act or instance of hypocrisy

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not claiming to be anything I am not. I am not presenting a false front of virtue or religion. I do not fall into this definition.

[ QUOTE ]
hello, pot, my name is kettle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irony....
Old 04-13-2005, 01:19 AM

Jaxmike, it is okay to be gay.

We will accept you for who you are on this forum. We will welcome you into the liberal fold, and you can fight alongside us in the struggle for equality for all GLBT people. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2005, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jaxmike, it is okay to be gay.

We will accept you for who you are on this forum. We will welcome you into the liberal fold, and you can fight alongside us in the struggle for equality for all GLBT people. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Even if I were gay, I would still never be a liberal. [censored] what would be "best" for me, I want whats best for my country and the population as a whole.