Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Paul Phillips, $2-5 Mirage

[ QUOTE ]
Paul Phillips is classless. Very simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldnt agree more.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be a little premature to call him "classless" based on one alleged A-hole move. But, to be sure, if true, it was an A-hole move.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be a little premature to call him "classless" based on one alleged A-hole move. But, to be sure, if true, it was an A-hole move.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I was the one it was said to, I am 100% confirming that this happened. At the time I was too mystified to determine whether or not he was messing around or being an ass, but after thinking through the whole 3 or 4 hours I spent playing with him (having moved to his table solely for the experience) and hearing other people's interpretation, I am now fully confident that the latter is correct.
Paul, if you're still reading, you're a really smart guy and I still respect your ability, but your lack of congeniality then combined with your horrible attitude in this thread where you could have gotten out of everything simply with a (even fake) "hmm don't know why i said that, sorry if i came off the wrong way", you've proven that you're a total egomaniac with embarassingly poor social skills.
It's a shame.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't sound good-natured to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I forgot you were there too. Another expert comes out of the woodwork! For some reason, your post captures everything I hate about 2+2 so perfectly that it has inspired me to stop posting here indefinitely.

[ QUOTE ]
a simple "thanks" or "good luck to you" would've sufficed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so sorry I didn't have time to consult with you on how to exist in the universe. I've been inept at it so far and I hear you teach such wonderful classes.

[/ QUOTE ]

What an arrogant prick.

You remind of some little acting nerd in high school that only has a few "special" friends and despises everyone else.

I love reading your writtings on the game, but....

yes, 2+2 posters aren't fawning over your every word and are calling you a prick when you act like, i am sure that is everything you hate about the site.

Maybe you can try cardplayer forums next.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:39 PM

perhaps this would be a better place for him in general.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:48 PM

My hand reading skills must be improving -- I knew exactly where that link went as soon as I saw it. =)
Old 04-03-2005, 09:09 PM

wow, you guys are girls....Maybe you shouldn't have approached him after you cashed out, even if it was to tell him that you enjoyed playing with him...Some people don't like to be bothered at the table...

So he said he wished he could have taken all your chips....oooooohhhhh
Old 04-03-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, you guys are girls....Maybe you shouldn't have approached him after you cashed out, even if it was to tell him that you enjoyed playing with him...Some people don't like to be bothered at the table...

[/ QUOTE ]

Given how much he was talking and that he was drinking, I contend the chance that he minded my 5 second interjection (which I did during the shuffle so as not to disturb him while a hand was in progress even though I don't even recall him being in it) is nominal.
However, I suppose you're right and that a few moments of polite respect from another player in the game is an intrusion upon someone's privacy.

I didn't bring this up with the intention of complaining, as evidenced by my original contribution to this thread, but given the obnoxiousness of his subsequent responses I think he needs to pull his head out of a certain region of his body. That is unless of course he's correct and it DOES smell like roses down there, in which case more power to him.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given how much he was talking and that he was drinking, I contend the chance that he minded my 5 second interjection (which I did during the shuffle so as not to disturb him while a hand was in progress even though I don't even recall him being in it) is nominal.
However, I suppose you're right and that a few moments of polite respect from another player in the game is an intrusion upon someone's privacy.

I didn't bring this up with the intention of complaining, as evidenced by my original contribution to this thread, but given the obnoxiousness of his subsequent responses I think he needs to pull his head out of a certain region of his body. That is unless of course he's correct and it DOES smell like roses down there, in which case more power to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so he was drinking and messing around....And he didn't show you respect....I think you care way too much buddy...
Old 04-03-2005, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
....I think you care way too much buddy...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, the call of the pot to the ketlle never rang more true...