Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: i am the only loon that folds tptk here?

I really don't think I am a classless jerk, and I think I contribute a lot to this forum, oh and I really don't care if you disagree.

I was not ridiculing you for your differing (incorrect) opinion and assumptions, just responding to your tone and the nature of your know it all posts. This last one of yours shows I wasn't incorrect to do so.

[ QUOTE ]
well, considering I have tripled my bankroll playing SNGs in the last 3 months, I do okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow you must be a poker god, I don't know anyone else who has done this. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-Apathy
Old 03-22-2005, 11:13 PM

"I just beat KK w/ AK"-- classic-- thats like sayin, i just beat AA w/ 23o... still doesn't mean i should raise with it preflop, and then go all in when i flop a straight.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I just beat KK w/ AK"-- classic-- thats like sayin, i just beat AA w/ 23o... still doesn't mean i should raise with it preflop, and then go all in when i flop a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

And at least with 32o you're increasing your Shania with a showdown.

Yugoslav
Old 03-22-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its all about referencing obscure High stakes NL posts that the person your replying too has most likely not read [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 03-22-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its all about referencing obscure High stakes NL posts that noone the person your replying too has most likely not read [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

You're just jealous!

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
Who wonder why it's Shania and not....Faith.....
Old 03-23-2005, 02:16 AM

Ok time to give the definitive exact correct answer on what to do this hand. You must raise preflop, if not you have no business playing poker. I'd check out the local Burger King's if I were you raptor.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:37 AM

I didn't say you should because of that. It was an anectdotal statement and had no bearing on what I said. It was an oh, by the way type of thing. I didn't realize that people were so tunnel visioned here, but then again, I read things other people have written on here in jest, and I haven't seen people get so carried away.

Any two cards can beat any other two cards, doh! If you read what I said, I was just saying this just happened to me, so I am feeling pretty good about them.

Whereas, KQ I do not feel good about because I see people misplay it all the time and lose with it, and the very few times I play it full table I seem to lose with it. Hence, I don't feel good about that handn, where I win with AK so I feel good about playing that hand. I would have said anything if I knew that people would get so bogged down by the comment. It was not the thrust of what I said, it was an aside.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:48 AM

Well, you are classless, just look at your tone. Belittling my knowledge and my experience and my ability to play. So then I responded by saying that I have tripled my money, which I am very proud of because it shows consistent play. I was talking to you and you alone.

The advice I gave may not be how you play, but it is by far from incorrect. All you have to do is read the whole thread here and the overwhelming opinion is basically in line with what I said. I why don't you go back and flame those people?

and don't sell yourself short, you are one hell of a Josh Arieh impersonator, no, you're not classless, not at all.

You are the only person acting like a POKER GOD. I have not implied such, and I did not call anyone an idiot for playing this hand differently than I do, like you did.

Again, when is your book coming out? Since you obviously know more than everyone on this forum.

Feel free to flame away on me some more as I am done with this thread since it has all been said and there is no need to return to this thread again.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So then I responded by saying that I have tripled my money, which I am very proud of because it shows consistent play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm seriously not trying to be a dick here but try not to be too proud of this. It really isn't necessarily indicative of any skill you may or may not have. This is a common trap many poker players can fall into. There is simply more variance in poker than almost anyone realizes (even though it's laughably small in STTs compared to other types of poker).

Again, take this as you will (it's not meant to be a comment about the beef you and Apathy have) but it's a very important psychological hurdle to overcome.

Yugoslav
Who has yet to *truly* overcome the hurdle...
Old 03-28-2005, 06:20 PM

well curtains, maybe i should.. maybe i should. but burger king? i sure do prefer wendy's. who knows, maybe ill get lucky and get to work at chikfila. holla. and for now, im still not sure if raising is definitively correct. ill keep going back in forth until i find what is comfortable. holla