Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Pulling an All-Nighter: Advice Needed

Maybe you can add a flashback to that time in little league when you ate all the green ones thining they would help you yank a few over the wall and then you struck out four times.

It's important to establish brand identification with the consumer at an early age and when something this disappointing happens you might lose him forever.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:47 AM

- Anhydrous ammonia
- Lithium batteries
- Starter fluid
- Ephedrine pills

Mix together, let simmer and cool. You now have crank. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2005, 05:40 AM

starbucks double shot
Old 03-08-2005, 05:55 AM

i'm pulling an all-nighter too due to massive procrastination(sp?) tonight too.

anyways, in the past i've found that my anxiety keeps me awake fine. too much coffee will upset the stomach so be careful with that (3 cups is where i draw the line)

about recalling information.. i haven't had a problem with this. good luck, and try to find a place for 4 hours of sleep.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:10 AM

Wow. This is absolutely Epic advice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This is a little late, but my advice is listen to the guys that tell you to jog if you're tired and to eat healthy.

I don't know much about sleeping vs. not sleeping, but if you can possibly sleep at all without oversleeping, I'd do it, even just for an hour... The risk of sleeping through it is massive for myself though.

Above all, absolutely do not take any drugs for this (other than maybe caffeine). You don't know what this crap will do to you: you could have an allergic reaction or something. Not a good idea the night before a test.

--Dave.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, people are giving you bullshit advice...

Do you live in a dorm? If you do find someone with a prescription of aderol, ritalin, or some other prescription drug for ADD/ADHD. You will study amazingly. I would suggest buy 2 pills, taking one early morning when you start to fade (5-6ish), survive till lunch, eat, have a little caffeine, and take the 2nd around 2-3ish. You will be great.

IF you cannot get a hold of these pills I suggest getting ahold of Sobe's No Fear Energy Drink. They keep you very wired. Depending on your normal sleep habits, you may need 2 (even 3 who knows) because you will definetly be dragging come 5:30.

If you are not a napper, DO NOT NAP. It will seriously ruin you, you'll sleep longer than you want, you'll wake up tired etc.

In the morning take a shower and shave, it help to psychologically reset your clock and keep you alert.

If you are feeling super tired some pushups etc can always help get your blood going.

I do these alot (think 1-2 times a week) and this is what I've found works best.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-08-2005, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Due to the fact that I suck and procrastinate big time, I have two midterms tomorrow (one at 1:00 and one at 5:30) that I still need to do some studying for, a 7:45-9:10 class that I can't skip tomorrow, and a 15-20 page journal due at 5:30 that I haven't started yet.

So the all nighter is inevitable. However, these midterms are going to require me to be awake all day tomorrow and still functional. So I need some advice here, what's my best bet on being able to pull this off? Would throwing in 1 or 2 power naps of an hour work or just cause me to be more tired?

All advice appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

The powernap never worked for me; it just made me feel groggy all day.

When I was in your shoes, I'd just study until I knew I had to sleep, then wake up 1-2 hours earlier than was necessary to get ready and get to class, and use those hours to cram some more.

I hesitate to give people advice on how to study, though. My methods worked for me (I graduated with a 4.0), but I'm sure everyone has a style that is best for them.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:08 AM

So update as of now. I worked on the journal until 4 am, at which point I set the alarm for 6:30. Promptly woke up took a shower and shaved and I'm now working on breakfast. At this point I only have a measly 8 1/2 pages (wow I suck). The plan is to study for midterm 1 thru my 7:45 class. Hit my room at 9:15 and take a two hour nap until 11:15. Get up grab some lunch and try to crank out a page or two on the journal then cram any last second info in before 1. Get back to the room at 2 and finish journal/ do a little studying for 5:30 class. I'm hoping this works. I may cut out the 2 hour nap if I'm feeling strong after class.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So update as of now. I worked on the journal until 4 am, at which point I set the alarm for 6:30. Promptly woke up took a shower and shaved and I'm now working on breakfast. At this point I only have a measly 8 1/2 pages (wow I suck). The plan is to study for midterm 1 thru my 7:45 class. Hit my room at 9:15 and take a two hour nap until 11:15. Get up grab some lunch and try to crank out a page or two on the journal then cram any last second info in before 1. Get back to the room at 2 and finish journal/ do a little studying for 5:30 class. I'm hoping this works. I may cut out the 2 hour nap if I'm feeling strong after class.

[/ QUOTE ]

good plan. good luck
Old 03-08-2005, 11:44 AM

you go to duke and don't own a laptop
Old 03-08-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you go to duke and don't own a laptop

[/ QUOTE ]

Before someone else says it .... UWLC is the Duke of Wisconsin.