Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: supply and demand and illegal drugs, IMO- simple version

It wasn't an argument. this has been implemented effectivly in vancouver B.C. The government is providing heroin and needles to addicts, as well as a secure place to inject. It has drasticly reduced the spread of HIV and overdose deaths.

The program has nothing to do with legalizing demand, only already addicted users qualify for the program.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:53 PM

First off, MARAJUANA IS NOT A 'GATEWAY DRUG'! this has been proven many times and is not a subject of contention. the idea was started as an anti-drug propaganda.

your argument, if true, would also apply to things like traffic violations. If a person goes five miles per over the limit for many years without getting caught, then are they then influenced to try street racing? c'mon.

[ QUOTE ]
His mistrust of authority has led him to question everything they say.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good thing, and isn't confined to pot smokers.

[ QUOTE ]
The criminalization of marijuana has broken the trust between him and the authorities regarding drug use; the result is an eager mind ready to ingest most anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
of course! i always knew that because one law is unjust, then all simaler laws must be! I'm buying some crank right now.

You're not giving people enough credit, man.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The pot would also become controlled and we would no longer be flooded with cases of "tainted weed".

[/ QUOTE ]

'tainted weed? what the heck is that? I have seen (an estimate) thousands of different baggies of pot, and never once have i encountered the myhtical 'tainted' or 'laced' pot. (unless we were doing the lacing ourselves). It's a myth. doesn't exisc, except in very very rare instances.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:00 PM

many people who think they know a lot about drugs still hold many misconceptions about the effects, etc of drugs. those misconceptions are usually, IMO, based on rumors (including childhood misconceptions that have never been corrected by experience) and mis(dis)information being advertized as 'education'.

Almost everyone i know who has not had direct, personal experiences with drugs, bases their entire opinion and knowlage of drugs on such rumors and misinformation.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:06 PM

DARE, GREAT (gang resistance education and training), and other gov anti-drug programs' so called 'education' is really nothing more than rumor and propaganda designed to psychologicaly manipulate the opinions of youth. IMO, DARE has CAUSED a great deal more drug use than it has stopped.

We need far more honest education, that includes honesty about why people do drugs like Ganja (they like them), what the addictive effects are (they are habit forming like anything that feels good but not physically addictive), and what the real health risks are (comparable to smoking ciggerettes, but very few smokers hit up 20 Js a day, and not one person in the history of the planet has died from a overdose of THC).

that's a good start.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Canada may legalize pot! sweet....

The law should be removed because it's WRONG, which should be the first reason to legalize pot.

Lacking a GOOD reason to make ANYTHING illegal, it's default status should be legality. there is no good reason for ganja to be made/remain illegal, imo, and many good reasons to leagalize it.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Canada may legalize pot! sweet....

these mounties were shot with a high powered hunting rifle that are incredbly easy to aquire here canada. even for a convicted sex offender like the the shgooter in this case. the strict gun cuntrol laws are directed at hundguns and other weapons that have limited hunting use
Old 03-07-2005, 07:18 PM

I would legalize many drugs, but there are some, doe to their highly addictive and incapacitating nature, that i believe should remain illegal. Crack, Heroin, Methamphetimine, Painkillers, X, LSD etc.

Crack, meth and Heroin because, legal or not, they create such an addiction as to render the addict irrational and incapable of making right/wrong descisions- they are inextricably connected to crime and the spread of desiese, and must continue to be illegal. I would, however, decriminalize their use and posession, and use tax revenue from less destructive drugs to provide a real level of care to addicts.

LSD, X, meth and crack because they cause irreversable negitive health effects and brain damage.

Heroin and painkillers because their incapacitating nature would create a drain on society that their taxation would be unable to pay for.

Anything that grows from the ground, no matter how harmful, should remain legal and open to anyone's use. this includes Ganja, Shrooms, Peyote, Cocoa, Salvia, etc...
Old 03-07-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: the real reason weed might be legal....

IMO, all it will take to start the shift in the US towards legalization is a couple of american timber companies looking at the insane profits that milling hemp for paper, clothing, even fuel, will start making canadian comapnies. The lobby will flip for legalization of at least hemp so fast all of our heads will spin.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:33 PM

Your speeding analogy is terrible. I think what zygote was saying is that marijuana is a gateway to crime in general threw association. For example if I didn’t smoke so much weed I would know fewer drug dealers personally and would not be able to find harder drugs such as coke or ex so easily. Right now if I want harder drugs I can just grab off the same dealer that sells me my weed