Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: HU, aggressive player raises from the SB. You have 76o.
Call around 67% of the time. Protects my image, but it's a marginal play. 9 14.29%
Fold. I'll break him later, when I'm not holding junk. 11 17.46%
Almost always call. I have odds, I want to project a tough image, and I'm not a wuss. 37 58.73%
Usually fold. Call once in awhile, just enough to protect my image, but no more as it is -EV overall. 6 9.52%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Bottled Water

I only drink the extract from the foreskin of a couple's firstborn son.

Actually, I drink bottled around the house 100% of the time and when I'm out I drink tap if I can't easily acquire bottled. California water tastes weird to me. Atlanta water had a nice tangy flavour.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:20 AM

Bottled water is for ponces and drama queens.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:26 AM

a few years back...a bottled water co used water from a firehydrant in i believe it was philly, and bottled it up and sold it b/c its still "ground water" etc, etc.

Im really really really really SUPER picky with water though, some people say im nuts b/c i can taste a HUGE difference in bottled waters, and some r so nasty to me i cant even drink them. Im pretty much partial to aquafina and dasani (even though people say bad things about it, chemicals and such) but oh well, ya gotta die someday!
Old 02-18-2005, 02:55 AM

I grew up always drinking bottled water, so now any kind of tap water just tastes really weird to me. Besides, bottled water is just so much more convenient...
Old 02-18-2005, 11:58 AM

If you don't own a Brita, you really should get one. Its like $20. The tap water in Austin is alright. However, I do drink a lot of water each day, and mainly because it comes out of the brita, and it tastes quite good. Plus, its already chilled since it has been sitting in your fridge. Tap water just does not compare to the water filtered by the Brita.

I think some people have just never tasted quality water before so they dont know the difference.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a few years back...a bottled water co used water from a firehydrant in i believe it was philly, and bottled it up and sold it b/c its still "ground water" etc, etc.

Im really really really really SUPER picky with water though, some people say im nuts b/c i can taste a HUGE difference in bottled waters, and some r so nasty to me i cant even drink them. Im pretty much partial to aquafina and dasani (even though people say bad things about it, chemicals and such) but oh well, ya gotta die someday!

[/ QUOTE ] Please please go buy some Volvic.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im pretty much partial to aquafina and dasani (even though people say bad things about it, chemicals and such)

[/ QUOTE ]

You actually like Dasani!!?? That stuff tastes like [censored]. I have to believe now that you don't have a clue what your talking about when you say your picky with the taste of water, because honestly I have never met ANYONE who liked the taste of Dasani.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:32 PM

what does the brita use to filter the water. is it charcoal. if it is what else is in that and where did it come from. because you are drinking that instead of what was taken out or disquised by the change of taste.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what does the brita use to filter the water. is it charcoal. if it is what else is in that and where did it come from. because you are drinking that instead of what was taken out or disquised by the change of taste.

[/ QUOTE ]

They use food grade activated carbon and ion exchange resin.

Carbon doesn't release anything into the water. It absorbes like a sponge.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question209.htm

The ion exchange resin exchanges harmless hydrogen in exchange for harmful negative ions.

Pur is nice because they have a membrane that filters out bacteria as well. If you buy a filter, go PUR. PUR is what NATO/military uses and it is by far the best product out there.

I own this:

Old 02-18-2005, 12:52 PM

It is impossible for me to consider this without remembering the gigantic sign hanging from a Cornell University Co-op house a few years ago:

"I [censored] in Your Brita."