Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, dude. For the third time, now. I am BrownThumb on UB. YOu need some P.O.T. to help you read.

[/ QUOTE ]
calm down there cowboy, the reason i asked is cause i put you on the UB buddy list and it came up "name does not exist," so obviously you need to rethink your stories or smoke some real [censored]. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try BrownThumb71 for UB.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:49 PM

Got a response from greatbrit.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks! yeah, I actually heard from support this morning that he was posting on the forum, I've emailed them back to get more details of what he actually did.

All the best,

Paul
http://www.pokermountain.com<br />
[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-16-2005, 08:12 PM

I'd like to know what moron players complained to support about this guy's behavior. I'll gladly accept a few mf's fired my way for a great action player that's going to move all in on every hand.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:16 PM

My guess would be this. Poker Mountain is a new site, trying to gain a player base. If someone comes in and upsets 90% of the clientele, it doesn't matter if he's bad or not. The fact is, if he chases away most of the small player base they have, the site is doomed to go under. So, they did what they felt they had to do. Once they have a regular base of even a few thousand, they probably wouldn't do so. But now the base is small, so they did it.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:19 PM

This is hilarious. I think you're like the only person in the history of 2+2 that will admit to losing money online.

It sucks that they screwed you over like that. Hopefully the sh!theads at Poo Mountain will come to their senses and let you play again. Hopefully someday I will have the bankroll to play with you at Party. Sounds like it would be a blast.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My guess would be this. Poker Mountain is a new site, trying to gain a player base. If someone comes in and upsets 90% of the clientele, it doesn't matter if he's bad or not. The fact is, if he chases away most of the small player base they have, the site is doomed to go under. So, they did what they felt they had to do. Once they have a regular base of even a few thousand, they probably wouldn't do so. But now the base is small, so they did it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even so, it's not a comforting thought that a site would ban a person for such as this. Good thing I think that this guy is full of [censored].
Old 02-16-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Even so, it's not a comforting thought that a site would ban a person for such as this. Good thing I think that this guy is full of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not. I've played with him many times. I have sat at the same table while BrownThumb and PokerAddict have played. The guy is a pure maniac.

I've played against him at UB, Party, and Absolute. I also remember him from Big Bet. PokerAddict will verify this.

I guess Poker Mountain will chime in a response in due time.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:36 PM

Here's my correspondance with Poker Mountain rep. greatbrit so far.

Me to greatbrit:
[ QUOTE ]
Would you mind posting this in the topic? We're all anxious to find out the exact situation and whether he committed offenses worthy of a ban.

Can I ask you if you agree that a player should be punished for going all-in every hand? A perfectly legal move in the game of NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

greatbrit to me:
[ QUOTE ]
Hello caruso,

I certainly wouldn't ban him if it were up to me and all he said was "poo". The all-in thing is trickier, of course he's perfectly within his rights to do that, but I would hate to be in a play money game, trying to play somewhat seriously, and have someone wreck the game by constantly going all-in, then emailing support for more chips. But there again, there's nothing in our rules to stop him doing that so I don't agree that he should be banned, and the other players could all just adjust to his game until they wipe him out, then play normally until he gets back. I promise I'll respond when I know more, should be in the next day or two.

Paul
http://www.pokermountain.com

[/ QUOTE ]

me to greatbrit: (didn't save this one so I'll try to remember best I can)
[ QUOTE ]

Was this a play money incident? We are all under the impression that this took place in a real money game. Could you clarify this for me please?

[/ QUOTE ]

No response yet from greatbrit to this last question.

[ QUOTE ]
greatbrit User journeyman 02/16/05 07:37 PM Previewing a new post/reply
3 days and waiting for my cashout from Pokermountain

[/ QUOTE ]

And it looks like he's got other priorities at the moment... :P

EDIT:
Okay, looks like we're about to get some answers! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
greatbrit User journeyman 02/16/05 07:39 PM Reading a post in threaded mode
Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[/ QUOTE ]

(Does this make me an internet stalker?) [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2005, 08:49 PM

I have been told that 2 accounts were banned, brownthumb and brownthumb1 (signed up with a new name), and possibly yet another one with just chat banned right now. They told me we are definitely talking about play money accounts only.

I am waiting to hear back from the support person who banned him (not started his next shift yet), then I should be able to get more details.

Paul
http://www.pokermountain.com
Old 02-16-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They told me we are definitely talking about play money accounts only.

[/ QUOTE ]

God bless you Paul.
Closed Thread