Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 12:08 AM

Default there and back again

AA at first level. Raised to 80. No callers.

QQ first or second level. Raised to 80. BB raises to 200. I call. Flop shows an Ace and two to a suit. BB bets out a strange 150. I call. Turn puts three to a suit, and he bets out a weird 150 again. I call. Blank on the river, and he again bets 150. I just don't know if he's baiting me or what, so I just call. He turns over KK to take the pot. Left me with about 675 chips or so... I was actually happy that I didn't lose my whole stack there, as I thought about pushing preflop against his reraise.

Tripled up when I hit the nut straight on the flop, and it held up! And just doubled up when I flopped a set of fours, and AJ liked the A94 flop a little too much.

t3920 at table #100. 3 minutes until the first break.

Good luck, brown trout.

-Z

P.S. I finished tenth in the PPM IV Cruise Super Satellite last night (out of 221). [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Top three get on the boat, 4-6 get some cash. I was chipleader from about the Final 30 to the Final 23 or so (had about t27K when average was t9K)... but my bullying kept getting played back at. I folded sometimes, but stood up to them a few too many times and lost all coinflips--99 vs AK, AK vs QQ, AQ vs QQ (ok, not a coinflip)... Managed to find myself at the final table with the third smallest stack. I think I tried to bully too much, expecting them to fold, but they kept playing back at me. Which I thought was odd, because I almost always only showed down quality hands. Maybe in a satellite of this nature, they won't play scared until you get close to the final table?

At a peak of 27K, I thought about coasting a little, but did the math... The final three would have an average stack of about t70K. I had more work to do. The average for the final six (the money line) was only 35K, so maybe I should have slowed it down a bit. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: *Official* Party 200k Guarenteed Saturday

For some reason my hand history won't pull up this hand, so I apologize for the formatting...

2 off the button, I limp in with 75s. Dude on my left min raises, 2 callers, I decide to see a flop.

Flop is J86, giving me a backdoor flush draw and OESD. I check, lefty bets 75 into the $300 flop. Others fold, and I consider raising but instead chose to see the turn cheaply.

Turn is an 8, giving me OESFD.

At this point I have about $3000 in chips, lefty has about $800 in chips.

What would you do?
Old 02-13-2005, 12:11 AM

up to 4415 after trip Jacks held up
Old 02-13-2005, 12:13 AM

Damn.. I'm out.

Had KJ on a AKJ flop. I bet, got reraised all in, called, villian flipped over AQ an turned an A.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: there and back again

Oh, and forgot to mention another AA, this time in the second level. Bet of 80 took the blinds. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

But just now, I moved to table 63 and looked down to another pair of rockets! This time, I bet 150 in MP and dude immediately to my left goes all in! He turns over KQ (!!!), and I am now at t6035. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Z
Old 02-13-2005, 12:19 AM

welcome to table 63 zimzan
Old 02-13-2005, 12:28 AM

Thanks, Jay. Any reads on players on our table?

-Z
Old 02-13-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2 off the button, I limp in with 75s. Dude on my left min raises, 2 callers, I decide to see a flop.

Flop is J86, giving me a backdoor flush draw and OESD. I check, lefty bets 75 into the $300 flop. Others fold, and I consider raising but instead chose to see the turn cheaply.

Turn is an 8, giving me OESFD.

At this point I have about $3000 in chips, lefty has about $800 in chips.

What would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably count all my outs, hoping he doesn't have JJ. Since you have odds to bet the pot (t450), and his allin would only be t350 on top of that (so you'd probably call if you make a semibluff pot-bet and he pushes back), I just put him allin up front. If he's going to play, I doubt he'd just call down your t450 bet--he'd either fold or go allin, so the all-in is probably best. You're probably against an overpair, in which case you have about a 33% shot if he calls. Worst case, he flopped a set and you only have 2 outs.

What did you do?

T
Old 02-13-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. I finished tenth in the PPM IV Cruise Super Satellite last night (out of 221). [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Top three get on the boat, 4-6 get some cash. I was chipleader from about the Final 30 to the Final 23 or so (had about t27K when average was t9K)...

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel you, man. I finished 26th in one of the semi-finals when 25 went to the boat. Several shorter stacks than me doubled up, and then my QQ lost to 35o...

T
Old 02-13-2005, 12:32 AM

Default moved

I'm at table #1. Plan to stay here for, oh, at least 4 hours.

T