Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Slowplaying KK & JJ is bankroll suicide

I think you should fold this hand preflop. You say that slowplaying KK and JJ is bankroll suicide but dont be results orientated. What happens if the flop came 3J6 or 66K or whatever? Now what that KK or JJ has benefited from his slowplay becasue he is going to stack you.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Calling with unsuited trash in NL is bankroll suicide

[ QUOTE ]
The odds against you flopping trips is around 73:1 against and there are not many other hands you can like to flop with 63o. Moreover, given the pre-flop betting you had no real reason to believe that you could push through one opponent, not to mention two, even if you hit your miracle flop. Avoid these calls in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just terrible advice at NL.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also agree. Esp. with 5 other people in the hand. calling a min raise from the BB with $5.50 in the pot isnt exactly bad.

[/ QUOTE ]I was curious about this statement, so I thought of five other hands that could possibly see the flop in a very loose microlimit game (I'm thinking .01/.02 not the OP's level, but bear with me):

ad qc, th 9c, 9s 7s, kc 6c, 2h 2c

Sticking these into the twodimes calculator along with the BB's 63o gives BB an 8.2% chance of winning the hand. That sounds like neutral EV (11-1), except on most of those hands BB wins through miracle runner-runner stuff. Since he will have had to fold post-flop against stuff as harmless as Q85r, he'll never get those outs.

To my novice brain, there's only four groups of hands that can flop that can make me stay post-flop: x66, x33, x63r, and x45. And I doubt that any of these have decent implied odds unless the third card is A, K, or maybe Q.

Easy fold for me.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:50 PM

[/ QUOTE ]So you advocate giving away every Big Blind without a fight?

[/ QUOTE ]

No only those that aren't worth fighting for, you know, crap like 63 off. If you think crappy big blinds are worth defending, PM me the site you play on and your screen name. As bad as your opponents played their big PP's preflop, your blind defense was worse. You got a lucky flop. Calling even a min raise with 63 off is only going to cost you money long term. Nice hand, fish, stick around, it won't take long to get my money back.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:02 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK