Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Prince Harry wore Nazi uniform to party

[ QUOTE ]
If you think that the future King of England

[/ QUOTE ]

It is unlikely that Harry will ever be king. He has an older brother remember.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:23 AM

Default Dionyssus Rising

[ QUOTE ]
For Nietzsche, becoming an ubermensch was an intellectual process requiring a "re-evaluation of values". Keeping what was healthy and discarding what was not healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The crucial point was accepting the true state of things, and Man, in the cosmos. Stripped of artificiality. Realizing this leads to madness more easily than wisdom because it is beyond our inherent capabilities. It requires surpassing our limitations.

I know you know this but I'm just saying.

In any case, only terribly misguided readers of Nietzsche can be "conservatives"! There is nothing of the old order left standing if we abide by Nietzschean, protean philosophy.

Or take the Nazis. They held the extent and the soil of the land of the Fatherland to be eternally sacred, although it is just a random geological formation that has no more than another million years of life, at the outside.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Daybreak

[ QUOTE ]
Conservatives want us to observe and obey social norms. This is radically opposed to [the ideas in] Nietzsche's opus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

Rejecting the old order is the point of illuminating departure.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Whatever they have prescribed for you

I suppose there are many definitions of conservative.
My definition of a political conservative is one who believes that the government that governs least governs best. Some politicians are financial conservatives, some are social conservatives, and a some are both.

I think your definition of a conservative being "one seeks to conserve the status quo" is silly. If the US Democratic party were to be swept into office and pass their entire agenda, they would become "conservatives" for wanting to maintain their agenda. While people like Rush Limbaugh would now be liberal for wanting to undo the Democratic agenda.... So people like Rush Limbaugh could be conservative one year then liberal the next depending on what legistlation was passed..... Can you see how ridiculous this defintion is?

"How would a conservative have us live?
1. Goto school like a good boy.
2. Get a job
3. Get married like a man.
4. Have Kids
5. Die."
***So if I do NOT wish live a conservative lifestyle, then I should skip school, be a bum and pan-handle, be celibate, don't have kids, and LIVE forever. ROFLMAO !!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I have to concede that your ideas are very entertaining. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

"This is perhaps one of the most central tentants of Nietzsches thinking e.g. those with power determine what is "True" because there is no transcendental truth. The herd follow this truth. If you dont understand this then you are totaly ignorant of the work of your namesake."
***LOL...Oh really? Nietzsche's writing style of liberal use of parables and poetic expressions I suppose can be interpreted in many ways, but once again I only speak ENGLISH and again I'm LESS than impressed by your babble-talk. Your argument reminds me of the story of the "Emperer With No Clothes". If you can't see his clothes then you must be incompetant. Right? Sorry, but I don't recall you being given the power to determine who is a Nietzschean and who is not.... Nietsche's favorite and best book is "Thus Spoke Zarathustra". The concept of the ubermensch and becoming an ubermensch is most central tenant of Nietzsche's writings. To become an ubermensch, one had to go through a re-evaluation of values, keeping what was healthy and discarding what was not healthy. Doing so require looking honestly at one self.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Please get psychological help

Wow....I did not realize that Prince Harry had said he thought genocide was funny! I thought he just wore a costume....

I guess they must have left that out of the story.....
Old 01-16-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Please get psychological help

He was asking other revellers to him Rommel. Slightly dodgy.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:55 PM

If this country were really facist, you'd be strapped down to a table in a dark damp basement somewhere getting some unneccesary dental work done courtesy of the police.

Your statements are ridiculous.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:06 PM

Whatever - he was acting funny / normal, but as a public figure, yes it was insane. If the party was just for peers friends, then he would just be in a jackass-like / funny to males age 18-25 costume. If caught, then the media feeds. Oh well, so he made the news. Feed away.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:01 AM

Im 18-25 and I dont think its funny at all.....

I probably wouldnt find dressing up as a clansman funny either or appropriate in any way.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Whatever they have prescribed for you

[ QUOTE ]
However, I will accept your left-handed compliment, because it may be a long time before I receive another from you.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is truely a speacial moment.