Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2004, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Aye

[ QUOTE ]
Name some.. or even one at this point. I understand that I'm not on your list, but I have yet to see one "real contributor" fully support your idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno whether or not you consider me a 'real contributor,' but I'd be more than willing to pay a fee for the content on this site. Frankly, I'd pay for it as is and it would be worth even more if the fee got rid of some of the absurd trolls.

This site has probably made thousands, if not tens of thousands, of dollars for most of you posters. The idea thta it isn't worth paying for is absurd.

It's a fantastic tool, and moreso perhaps because it's free. But frankly the volume, signal-noise ratio, had really hurt 2+2 of late. The one forum which is really thriving for great postings by experienced 2+2ers is OOT, oddly.

If I never read another "party is rigged" troll post again, that's just fine by me...

ElSapo
Old 12-14-2004, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Charging a fee for using 2+2 forums?

It would be bad for 2+2 certainly. A lot of good posters have met each other through the forums and would find another, free board to congregate.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:33 PM

Good idea. Send me the money.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:37 PM

A better solution would be to employ a number of moderators, perhaps one for each of the individual sub-fora, whose job is to weed out the trolls and junk.

I'd do it for books/merchandise.

It's difficult for a single individual to be an active moderator.

Regards,

T
Old 12-14-2004, 12:42 PM

This is a great forum, but it's purpose is to promote and sell two plus two products. Plus I do not think if everyone of us coughed up a dollar a month it would pay what is received all ready from advertisers and promoters who have ads on this site.

I doubt there are many who post here on a regular basis who do not own at least three of the many two plus two books, I for example have five and I am probably average.

Finally, we all ready pay a fee just to get on the net so that eliminates much of the world right there.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:51 PM

The one thing that most(a few have) of you have not commented on is the publishers. It doesnt matter if every person CURRENTLY on here wanted to pay a fee or not. The publishers would be fools(and it does not appear that they are fools) to charge a fee. Their real profit is made from selling books. They dont care if fish, veterans, new poker players or whoever visit their site so long as they visit and this would be reduced by charging a fee. I also venture to guess that aside from crudeness, spam or outright violations of the forum rules they probably dont care what people say in their posts or if any of us think they are silly or useless. They need new forum users as one avenue to sell more books. If the site had a finite number of users(less cause of a fee) there would be less people to buy books. Why sell all of us one or two of the new books a year when they can be selling thousands of people 10-20 books a year plus all of us the one or two new books. Aside from this, the fact remains that this site is the best resource I have ever found for my poker game BUT I have and will never lose sight of the fact it is run by people who ultimately are trying to do one thing....sell books and make money. So, I too, like to see an occasional post from the publishers as I have found many to be interesting but I take them with a grain of salt. I migrate to the experienced users who I have found give the most sound advice and helped my game the most. So would I pay a fee to visit this forum? Actually, I would. But you know what. It doesnt matter what I think or any of you think. The publishers would be crazy to charge a fee and IMO thats the bottom line of a moot thread.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:28 PM

If you want to give $$ to 2+2, buy their books and patronize the companies who advertise here.

(you could also just cut them a check to say thanks, if you really "want" to)
Old 12-14-2004, 04:45 PM

I have never trolled in my life, although I just might if the forum made me pay a fee to post there.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:49 PM

For the record, I wasn't the one trying to make judgements on who the "real contributors" are.

I don't think mandatory fees are necessary to deal with the issues you bring up. I think MicroBob makes a lot of valid points. Oh, and if you don't want to read another "party is rigged" thread... don't read it! It's pretty simple.

Btw, I have noticed some people on this site disagree about the signal to noise ratio you bring up. I'm not one of them, but the people that disagree with that have been here a lot longer than I have.

The problems with mandatory fees are as MicroBob described. Plus, I think you would be surprised at how many trolls are actually "real contributors" trolling under another name. Do you really think $1 would discourage them? I doubt so very much.

The point is that you punish the group for actions commited by only a few individuals. That's not right.

Do I think fees are necessary? No.
Do I want fees? No.
Do I think fees would be a good thing for 2+2? No
Would I pay a fee? Yes. But that's not the point of this thread.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:48 AM

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!