Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2004, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Post to Sklanksy: Can we clean up this forum please? *PETITION*

Microsoft Frontpage is pretty good software, you can make your own websites and everything. You could try that?
Old 12-09-2004, 12:46 AM

Default Re: *desdia shakes his head*

[ QUOTE ]
if i author a legitimate thread

[/ QUOTE ]

if
Old 12-09-2004, 03:12 AM

Default Some notes on the post perhaps the last word??*

For the record Desdia, I have on several occassions also commented that some of my posts were over the top..... so dont think this comment was meant to bash only you. And wayfares comments have been the most ridiculous of all the comments I have read on here so far. Im glad Cola at least admitted Im not a troll. I suppose thats some progress...

Lately Ive rethought a few things and come to the conclusion that this post probably wasnt a smart idea. It's content was wholly appropriate for the forum but knowing what peoples feeling are on 2+2 regarding Greg, I couldnt have expected any serious debate on the subject to result FROM A POST LIKE THIS. I suppose it was sort off a way to needle Raymer fans, but there was ample motivation for someone to do that considering the way Williams was treated on these boards, and what a great loss his posting on 2+2 will be for us.

I still wonder how people could first admit Raymer wasnt worldclass (one of the basic points i was trying to make) and then proceed to flame the dickens out of me. Perhaps there is sortoff a decorum extended to posters like Raymer here who make great contributions on the forums. If there is it is understandable. What is also understandable is that someone who has been on the forums only a month would be wholly unaware of such protocal. Perhaps you guys could have politely explained why a post like mine while being completely relevant and well within my "rights" as a poster was undesirable. I think that would have been a classy and effective way to affect future posts on the board. Unfortunately thats not what happened.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:18 AM

Default Re: Some notes on the post perhaps the last word??*

[ QUOTE ]
For the record Desdia, I have on several occassions also commented that some of my posts were over the top..... so dont think this comment was meant to bash only you. And wayfares comments have been the most ridiculous of all the comments I have read on here so far. Im glad Cola at least admitted Im not a troll. I suppose thats some progress...

Lately Ive rethought a few things and come to the conclusion that this post probably wasnt a smart idea. It's content was wholly appropriate for the forum but knowing what peoples feeling are on 2+2 regarding Greg, I couldnt have expected any serious debate on the subject to result FROM A POST LIKE THIS. I suppose it was sort off a way to needle Raymer fans, but there was ample motivation for someone to do that considering the way Williams was treated on these boards, and what a great loss his posting on 2+2 will be for us.

I still wonder how people could first admit Raymer wasnt worldclass (one of the basic points i was trying to make) and then proceed to flame the dickens out of me. Perhaps there is sortoff a decorum extended to posters like Raymer here who make great contributions on the forums. If there is it is understandable. What is also understandable is that someone who has been on the forums only a month would be wholly unaware of such protocal. Perhaps you guys could have politely explained why a post like mine while being completely relevant and well within my "rights" as a poster was undesirable. I think that would have been a classy and effective way to affect future posts on the board. Unfortunately thats not what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, son........Although the above is a start, it's not where you need to go, given what has happened.

There have been a number of posts here that have flat-out told you what you need to do if you expect any semblance of respect on this board.

I wrote a post in this Forum addressed directly to you. You have not responded to it. How am I (or any other adult) supposed to interpret your lack of response?

You continue to attempt to defend an essenstially indefensible position.

You have a choice.....The Lady or the Tiger.

Right now you're still in the middle of the ring whining about how unfairly everyone has treated you.

It's time for you to do the right thing.....

Grow up and be a man........
Old 12-09-2004, 10:45 AM

Default Re: *desdia shakes his head*

That's a big if. It's never happened.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:52 AM

I think I said it in my first reply to your thread that started this whole thing.

Is there a bias on 2+2 in favor of Greg? Yes.
Should there be? Yes.

I see you now realize what I was trying to say.

Oh, and about Greg being "world class",
I'm pretty sure only a few players measure up to that level. At least that's true if we go by what I view as world-class.
But... if we go by Annie Duke's version, Ben Affleck is a world-class player. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

It all depends on how far you want to take it. I just say Greg is a good player, and I'll leave it at it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2004, 11:04 AM

Default Re: *desdia shakes his head in disgust of himself*

[ QUOTE ]
When Greg called me Desmond Diarrhea or a moron, who had a problem with that? who came to my defense on that? nobody, but did i go crying about forum reform? no.

when all of these people started calling me and zaxx trolls and idiots for speaking our minds and voicing our opinions, who stepped up and said, "that's a no-no"? was it Mat? how about David or Mason? did any of them come to our defense and say, "you can't call them that?" NO!

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you feel you have contributed to this forum that makes you worthy of anyone coming to your defense?

[ QUOTE ]
i still have'nt dissed or sonned everybody's favorite, can-do-no-wrong, world champion

[/ QUOTE ][img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
J5
Old 12-10-2004, 12:23 AM

nay

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeee
Old 12-10-2004, 03:51 AM

Myrtle nowone was asking your dumb ass to "forgive" me I just said given the way people feel about Raymer it was silly to make the post and expect a reasonable response.

You have been unreasonable to me the whole time so stfu and waste your cubicle hours flaming someone else jerky.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:54 AM

Shouldn't we split the forum up into "WPT, etc." and "Famous Poker Players." I think that would solve the problem.

We should also add a forum called, "Stupid posts that nobody wants to read." That would pretty much clean up every forum on the site.

Although... people would still post here and in the Poker Theory forum because, "More people read this forum."