Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2004, 06:21 AM

Default Re: The worst error I\'ve ever made in Poker...

I've folded AA with a board of AKKxx because of a time out (although it was not my fault) =(
Old 11-27-2004, 06:36 AM

To everyone who says Buster was cheating, please point out which online sites have the "one player to a hand" rule. This is online, not live. "One player to a hand" is not a rule that translates to online. Of course, if he's speaking with players at the same table who had a hand, it's cheating. But other than that, how can he cheat by breaking a non-existent unenforceable rule? Please.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:46 AM

Wow this thread turned into an abuse session pretty quickly too.

This is correct though as far as I am concerned, I taught my Dad to play poker this summer and often sat next to him while he was learning. We still play some SNGs (as 1 person not with 2 accounts) where we might make the odd joint decisions, and there's certainly no rule against that either.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Posing a Question...

It seems my question has basically been answered. Even if there are rules against it at a B&M cardroom, there is no online rule against such a thing. I also scouted the major online sites to find such a rule, and could not. Even if there was a rule forbidding the practice, it's not at all enforceable.

I wasn't going to judge Buster before I was clear about the rules. It looks like he was right all along, which is clearly a sign of the apocalypse.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:36 AM

Although in this hand it looks like he limped re-raised with KK (doubt he'd do it with TT) and you're beat, if you only 3 bet the river when you have the nuts you're not aggressive enough.

One scenario is if MP1 thought you'd play AK with one of them a club the same way, he might raise AA here.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:17 AM

eldiablo is right. if it isnt against the rules, its not cheating. i have sat next to a friend several times and taught him to play in real time.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:30 AM

Taking the time to read Lansing's post about hs bad beat [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].
Old 11-27-2004, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys are retarded, the question wasn't even specific or from anyone at the table. At any given time I am discussing poker and various strategies with 1-3 people so for me to confirm this bet against a certain style of player is not uncommon. Sheesh, lighten up. I'm not interested in cheating, I'm interested in becoming a better player.

[/ QUOTE ]

One player per hand. You deserved what you got.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't even know how to play poker, troll. Go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is played by one's self. Sex is played with others. Perhaps you have confused the two?
Old 11-27-2004, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To everyone who says Buster was cheating, please point out which online sites have the "one player to a hand" rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the point Diablo. The point is that the player is making decisions based on information given to him by a better player during the course of the hand. It's analagous to having all of the best 2+2'ers in a chat room and asking them what to do at every stage of your hands.

Just because something is not specifically against the rules doesn't mean it's not cheating. There are millions of examples of this in real life. Why are people called tax cheats when they use legal loopholes to pay fewer taxes?
Old 11-27-2004, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I DON'T GIVE A [censored] WHAT YOU THINK. And I don't mean that in general, i mean you personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

So much unnecessary aggression - how sad for you. Does this condition have any effect on your interaction with friends and coworkers?

You'll likely find it difficult to get any useful help from anyone on these boards acting like such a prick - at least from people with any self-respect.