Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2004, 03:02 PM

Default Re: what\'s the stupidest/most irritating commercial on tv?

The commercial for Charter Communications internet service with virus protection.

"Who's Nabooku?" Nooooahhhhh!
Old 11-15-2004, 03:14 PM

The most annoying one to me is the crest "brushups" one. Its a stupid thing you put on your finger and brush your teeth with? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

they are dancing around, Bush-UPs! Ahhhhhhh Brush-Ups, Ahhhhh.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2004, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He calls it his "I gotta take this plan"

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the hell asked you? is what I'm wondering when I see that commercials or ones that depend on the same schtick.

I can't stand those too-hip guys who try to take you into their too-hip confidence and tell you about their too-cool world -- as if you had ever heard of them or could possibly give a damn if you had about either them or whatever stupid crap they have to say.

The advertising agencies are full of 40 and 50-year-old yuppie-type sleazebags in suits trying to patronizingly cram what their lame idea of cool is down everyone's throat as if we should thank them for the privilege instead of being creeped out. These guys need to be put out to pasture, not hang around their kids' friends trying to figure out how to be "with it" with Generation X, Y, Z, and whatever stupid labels they can come up with.

Don't call me, I'll call you. How about never? Is never good for you?
Old 11-16-2004, 04:37 AM

I must agree with this. That song drives me nuts.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:55 AM

That song/commercial drives me insane. The song just sucks. But the media-driven masses have kept it in the top 5 most d/l'd daily songs on iTunes for the past couple weeks now. It's #2 today. Bleh.

GoT
Old 11-16-2004, 12:16 PM

Brush Ups ads are pretty bad, but the one that takes the cake for me is the "Burger King Wake Up With The King" commercials. Thoses really freak me out.

Living, Learning, and Laughing.
Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2004, 01:48 PM

Local car dealership commercials suck.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:35 AM

I haven't seen it on in awhile, but late at night there'd be a commercial for some truck (I think Nissan) where the truck would be attempting to do a long jump in which it fails miserably. The announcer guy starts screaming "NO NO NO NO NO NO NONONONONONONONO!" at 5 billion decibels louder than what the rest of the commercial is played at. I thought it was amusing but my fiance would wake up and yell at me to turn the tv down.

After 5 or 6 times I would think ahead and turn the volume down just before the part.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:40 AM

I'd vote for the Tom Emanski baseball instruction videos you always see on ESPN (the one with Fred McGriff and the "back-to-back-to-back AAU national champions") and the Hit-Away with Reggie Jackson.

There was one I saw a year ago or so, though, that takes the "Just how stupid do you think we are?" question to a new level. It was for Keebler's cookies, and the little animated elves are running around doing their thing. The cookies had a chocolate coating, and it showed these cookie bars swirling around -- under their own power -- in a big vat of chocolate. We all know that cookies cannot move around on their own, right? Well, if you didn't know that, the Keebler folks were good enough to put text at the bottom of the screen saying "Dramitization." As if we couldn't figure out that the cookies don't coat themselves in chocolate.

But there's no "Dramitzation" tag when the eleves are on the screen. So I think they're for real.

(Sorry. This was a long rant. But that really bugged me for some reason.)
Old 11-19-2004, 04:41 PM

The dumbest commercial I have seen by far is for Pepto Bismol...where they list the symptoms it is good for and all the people are doing a dance like the macarena, simulating these symptoms...nausea, heartburn, upset stomac, diarrhea, wow pepto bismol...or something like that...embarrassing

another one that gets old fast is the guy ordering the Zesty chicken Border bowl or almost ordering it..to piss off the workers who won't start to make it until he orders it...a ZESTY CHICK---EN. Dumb.