Old 11-11-2004, 04:54 AM

Default Re: This is nothing new

gamblor nobody knows what tzahal is try idf
Old 11-11-2004, 05:01 AM

Default Re: US Troops Reportedly Gassing Fallujah

Tear gas? Why not use the nukes?
Old 11-11-2004, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Strike One

Actually, MEMRI doesn't write or publish any of its own material.

Rather, it employs native Arab speakers to translate Arabic media into English.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:17 AM

Default Re: US Troops Reportedly Gassing Fallujah

The tank commander is a dumbass since he has his weapon pointed at the sky.Atank is not an artillery piece,
Old 11-11-2004, 05:50 AM

Default You are not even in the ball game

MEMRI is a Jewish funded propaganda machine. MEMRI was founded by a retired Israeli colonel from military intelligence, and co-run by Meyrav Wurmser, wife of David Wurmser. David Wurmser is close to the Likud Party in Israel \

MEMRI provides a one-sided extremist view of Islamic opinion.

MEMRI is a well oiled machine and those posters who quote from it and regularly read it get an unbalanced view of Islam, the Arabs and the middle east opinions.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:53 AM

Default Not listening

MEMRI translates articles.

It does not write its own material.

TRANSLATES LIVE-BROADCAST ARABIC TELEVISION AND NEWS.

DOES NOT EMPLOY JOURNALISTS OR AUTHORS.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:04 AM

Default You still have trouble reading

I said:

[ QUOTE ]
MEMRI provides a one-sided extremist view of Islamic opinion.

MEMRI is a well oiled machine and those posters who quote from it and regularly read it get an unbalanced view of Islam, the Arabs and the middle east opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

THis is exactly correct. It takes the range of opinions and news published in the arab press, cherry picks the most extreme pieces and provides that to its readers. Giving its readers a distorted view of Islamic opinion.

Sort of like the opinion the world would get of the US if all it saw was the writings an opinions of Falwell and Robertson.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:05 AM

Default Strike Two

This was your claim:

"Just as our propaganda gets some of our fellow posters all worked up in a lather about Islamists."

I then asked you for an example of the above. This was your response to my request for an example:

"With respect to propoganda MEMRI will do for a start and then the rest of your bookmark list."

It is possible you did not understand what I meant by "an example". I meant a specific instance of "our propaganda..." which gets "...all worked up in a lather about Islamists".

Mentioning a source and calling it biased does not suffice. You need to provide a specific instance that fits the above criteria to in order to back up your (highly dubious) claim.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Strike Two

I think it is very specific.

MEMRI's mission is clearly to manipulate the opinions of people in a way as to put all Arabs in a bad light. That my non-thinking friend is propaganda. Your writings clearly indicate that you have been misled into this way of thought. You are all in a lather.

My post was right on the money. Maybe you think this is strike two -- but you are not even in the ballpark --- dreaming in your fantasy land of self-superiority.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:32 AM

Default Foul Ball

Still can't provide even ONE specific example? An INSTANCE, ACPlater, an INSTANCE...you do know what an instance means, don't you?

You cannot give FoxNews or WorldNetDaily themselves as examples to support your claim, but you might give one of their articles to try to support your claim. See the difference? You can't give MEMRI itself as an example for this purpose, but you might try giving one of its articles. See why?

If you can provide an article by MEMRI that qualifies, by virtue of: 1) being "propaganda" and 2) "getting...all worked up in a lather over Islamists", then you would finally be on the right track. However it still will not qualify because MEMRI's articles are not "ours". However I might still permit it, if you can show how it "gets...all worked up in a lather over Islamists."

To support your initial dubious assertion, you need to provide a specific instance of:

"OUR" + "PROPAGANDA" + "WHICH GETS...ALL WORKED UP IN A LATHER OVER ISLAMISTS"

If your assertion has merit, you should have no great trouble providing ONE such example.