Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Jerry Falwell says yes

Bush's family believes that Cheney's daughter will burn for all eternity too, unless she repents and announces to the world that she is a reborn heterosexual.

All Baptists, Methodists, Adventists, and anyone in the Bible belt MUST vote against Cheney unless his daughter becomes a reborn Heterosexual. This is their belief in Gods law.

Of course, they believe that the Bush's can break the law at will. Perhaps they've all prayed for God to accept the Cheney infidel while damning all the others to the lake of fire, because Cheney is really the puppet master, and Bush the puppet.

Like I said before, Republicans are hypocrites and deserters.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Is it proper to drag her into it?

[ QUOTE ]

Its ill concieved because Rove is going to spin this against them. Rove is a smart guy and waited till Kerry opened his mouth on the issue before unleashing the spin machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. This is a catch 22 for Bush/Cheney. The more they rip Kerry and talk about it, the larger the gay daughter issue becomes in the media. Frankly, I think the less Cheney's gay daughter is mentioned, the happier Bush/Cheney will be.

I also differ with most posters on this thread, because I think Kerry referenced Cheney's daughter in a tasteful way, and I think she's relevant to this campaign. Bush and Cheney portray themselves as having excellent family values, yet Cheney doesn't even stand up for his own daughter's civil rights when he is in a position of power to do so. Pretty irreprehensible if you ask me. If I decide to vote for Bush, it will be in spite of Cheney, rather than because of him.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I think the less Cheney's gay daughter is mentioned, the happier Bush/Cheney will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that were the case they would just drop it instead of bashing Kerry on it.

Stu
Old 10-14-2004, 09:38 PM

Mary Cheney has been "out of the closet" for years and a member, with her partner, of the vice-president's family. That's a public fact. No one's privacy is being invaded by mentioning this.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:47 PM

If your Pro-Bush then Kerry is evil for bringing it up, if your Pro-Kerry than he's just stating the obvious.

It has no effect on how people vote either way. And Cheney often has used his gay daughter as an example of how Cheney/Bush understand and are compassionate to the gay community. Kerry shouldn't have singled her out..he could have added "or Dick Gephardt daughter...who is gay etc."
He was just tryign to make an obvious point about choice..and chose the wrong words.

Republicans are very anti-gays...despite all the moderate fluff
Democrats are very pro-gay despite all the moderate fluff.

That sums it up in a nutshell.

p.s. There was a reason that Mary was missing at the convention on the stage...cuz she's GAY. nuff said
Old 10-14-2004, 10:47 PM

Default Yes, it was Proper..........

Why? Because Kerry/Edwards made asses of themselves. They showed how condescending and petty that they truly are. And don't think people didn't notice....... Of course Libs...er I mean "progressives" will defend their use of their opponents children to advance their political agenda.

Bottom line....... They both violated the 'unwritten' rule not to bring a candidates children into the politcal arena.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Yes, it was Proper..........

I'm an unabashed liberal and I think it was wrong and cheap and stupid.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Jerry Falwell says yes

jokerswild,

I belong to said group, and you are completely wrong. Making false statements about what groups to which you don't belong believe is lazy and stupid.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:33 PM

Default Wow...You are angry....

Sorry dude...but unless the Democrats can pull off the most massive vote fraud since Chicago (Kennedy/Nixon), then Bush will get another four years. May I suggest you find some Valium....

Oh...and I'm an atheist and a Bush supporter.....
Old 10-15-2004, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did Kerry bring up Cheney's daughter? Do you find this at all offensive?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really.

What I find really offensive is that Dick Cheney's daughter didn't even join her father on stage at the Republican National Convention after his acceptance speech. His entire family was in the audience, including Mary. Why didn't she join him on stage?

Is there any other instance in history where a politician's son or daughter didn't join the family on stage after the acceptance speech?