Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 03:09 AM

Default Re: The silence of the Daliman (long)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Daliman -- you've no clue who I am, but I would appreciate it if you would answer my question. How long have you been playing, and what experience did you have before you went on your SNG run?

I ask because I'm currently self-employed, but dislike my job. I do just fine, but would actually like to get my game to the point where I become an SNG pro. At my current win rate on the $30 tables, I could make half of my average income full-time right now. So I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that after learning and improving more, that I could make the jump when I am able to do the same at $100's (could take a while, I know). I'm just curious about your time frame, and how long it took.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been playing poker seriously for about 5 years, professionally for last 18 months. Before i went on my SNG run, i'd played about 60-70 SNG's at varying levels, but i have MILLIONS of hands played previous to this foray. My time frame was essentialy as soon as I started playing these consistantly, as i had previous thought them to be hard to win in. I study alot of hands, and have every single book ever written on poker, it seems. But the short of it is that In february i had about 1200 o party and started playing 2 to 3 tables of $100's at a time, won about 1800 in a week, then started 4 tabling $200's like crazy and never looking back. i'd have moderate drawdowns here and there, but rarely one that exceeded 100 tourneys until the big hit. Near as I can call, take 11 full %off yer RoI for every level you play above your standard level, starting at $30 as base, so is yer $30 base ROI is 45%, figure 34% at 50 level, 23% at $100 level, and 12% at $200 level. Also expect tjhe swings to be probably 20% bigger ech level yo ugo up, and 50% bigger at $200 level.

Sorry is this all seems a mess, as my sonata i tokk 35 miniutesago is really starting to kick in... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:10 AM

Default Re: The silence of the Daliman (long)

Much respect for posting this. A lot of what you said hits pretty close to home and reading your account puts things in perspective. I've had similar problems building my bankroll before i suffered my first huge downswing and know all too well the ignominy of playing 2/4 after dumping my(insufficient) 10/20 or 30/60 BR.
Not too sure what the above paragraph was supposed to accomplish, but either way thanks for sharing your experience and good luck returning to past glory (I saw you playing some 200s the other day so I assume you've recovered well).