Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2004, 11:18 AM

Default Re: 100-200 AA

No, crazy talk is something like this,

"Mike you should've folded those aces pre-flop cuz you know heads up they are going to get cracked."

Just outta curiosity, what did you think the unknown player had Glen?
Old 09-07-2004, 02:21 PM

I put him on a set or a big pair. I just thought the crazy talk was the river fold, since 1) the pot is huge, and no way can one determine against an unknown that he definitely has a set (since it's closer to 60/40 imo in terms of set vs big pair, and that may be giving the unknown too much credit), and 2) you suggested calling the turn and folding the river if you diedn't spike an ace, but if you were 99% sure he had a set the placve for the fold would be aon the turn.. . .
Old 09-07-2004, 03:03 PM

Fold a huge pot with AA against an unknown for one bet?

Lawrence, I don't play high stakes limit hold-em, but even I can tell this is insane. INSANE.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:24 PM

hi ike

i'm a little tired and so i really can't fully explain to you why you wouldn't pour it on when losing, even though you might do so with the same cards and conditions when you are winning. the question....succinctly, when you're losing you want to hold up your guard. you tuck your chin into the fat of your upper left chest and bring those elbos in; upper right chest if you're a south paw. get up against the ropes and weather it out. you draw in. you play a closed game. you punch when your opponent believes that you can punch him hardest. you tend to rope it when your opponent believes that he has the advantage. i'm tired man. what kind of question is this? you hold up your guard when you're losing for crying out loud. you bring your elbos in. now who's going to be able to hurt you like that? you're losing. you hang onto your chips. for crying out loud!
Old 09-08-2004, 03:17 AM

"since it's closer to 60/40 imo in terms of set vs big pair'

there's no moral to the story but it's funny that youre both wrong. if this guy had an overpair there's no way he wouldve checked behind on the river.

i think he had AK or AQ.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:04 AM

ok. it's a rare case that one plays AK or AQ like this, but I'm going to just put the headphones back on and play poker to the first strokes cd, since i have not listened to it in a year. . . . nh, and i wouldn't get too down on the missed bet or 3 bud. . .