Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 01:30 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I think check-folding may have been a good option now that I think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

4 guys take the flop for 2 bets.

That's the key reason why you have a good point. Aces don't play well multi-way.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I think check-folding may have been a good option now that I think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

4 guys take the flop for 2 bets.

That's the key reason why you have a good point. Aces don't play well multi-way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am no expert by any means, but that sentence sounds suspiciously like an old wive's tale; an oft-repeated mantra that people keep repeating because they only remember when there rockets are cracked, but not the pots they bring down.

If it's capped preflop with 10 players in, there is no hand I would rather hold than AA.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:34 AM

"I am no expert by any means, but that sentence sounds suspiciously like an old wive's tale; an oft-repeated mantra that people keep repeating because they only remember when there rockets are cracked, but not the pots they bring down.

If it's capped preflop with 10 players in, there is no hand I would rather hold than AA."

This thread has been ruined by people trying to be funny.
Half the posts in this thread is bullshit.

Kim
Old 07-21-2004, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Gossipy to Clark

Respectfully, but seriously I think it is a mistake to underestimate giving these guys any info on this site.

Poker is all about partial information. The less info any of your opponents have, the greater your advantage.

If only one of these MR guys has computer access, and starts improving his knowledge via 2+2 he can then recommend the site to others in his gossipy bunch, so Clark is right no mention should be made.

I have had several situations where I could have brought 2+2 at the table in my local cardrooms, but never do.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of those 10-20 guys don't even own a computer, nor do they give a rat's butt about our opinion of anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, she might have a valid point here. I just can't picture Donald Rumsfeld or Paratrooper lurking in the 2+2 forums. In fact, I think Paratrooper still uses an abacus to balance his checkbook.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:55 PM

She's wrong about at least one thing. They DO give a rat's butt about our opinion. The whole culture there is about giving and getting approval regarding how one plays from the other players at the table.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:42 PM

Default Re: SB local vs. the Midwest Guy

When the board paired on the turn, I basically decided I was either way ahead or way behind and was going to check/call all the way, especially if I didn't have to call two cold. Luckily, the guy on my right accomodated by not raising. He must have been just as scared of the board as me. Comments?

Yeah. You played this hand ridiculously weak and crappy, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the thought process behind Babe's hand, besides the common weak elemnent.

GoT
Old 07-21-2004, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When the board paired on the turn, I basically decided I was either way ahead or way behind and was going to check/call all the way, especially if I didn't have to call two cold. Luckily, the guy on my right accomodated by not raising. He must have been just as scared of the board as me. Comments?

Yeah. You played this hand ridiculously weak and crappy, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the thought process behind Babe's hand, besides the common weak elemnent.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to accept that I may have played it wrong. That's why I thought about it a long time afterwards and posted it. So how do you play it? Bet the turn? Checkraise it? At what point do you slow down and consider you might be up against one of the many hands that have you dominated?
Old 07-22-2004, 12:02 AM

hi pokerbabe

when the non bluffing player bets on the turn, as many here are probably saying, the holder of AA shouldn't call if he is going to lay it down for one bet on the river. he does have an over-caller to contend with, but his hand improved.

that said, your games are quite different from the typical game. i can't see you and mike l at the same table, ever. you won't sit. or if you're forced to, you won't play. sure, if you're dealt AA or KK, but you know what i mean poker. like your previous post. no one understands why you called the turn and folded the river. well i do know. the winner told you to get out. and yes, you probably tell your opponents to get out all the time. the whole reason he even showed was to let you know that he was telling the truth, and to listen to him again in the future. this reduces the stress level, and makes the game extremely socialable. and that's fine. the way i look at it, the card room puts out at least 20 dollars an hour to keep everyone accomadated with electricity and insurance, nice waitresses etc. none of which is free. the card room puts out. as long as you lose less than the 20 per hour, you're way ahead of the game. i've studied your game pokerbabe. and you know what? you have a good game.

you are all keeping one anothers losses to less than 20 per. you enjoy each others company. if you're telling them to get out when you've got the cinch win, and they're telling you to get out when they've got the cinch, that's no ones business but yours and your opponents. are you having fun? o.k., case closed.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:19 PM

"If it's capped preflop with 10 players in, there is no hand I would rather hold than AA."

I don't agree with that statement at all. I think if you had that scenario thousands of times Aces are loosing money there overall. It will be hard not to go too far with them. I think I would much rather hold AK suited. AK suited you could play post flop everytime it came down 2 pair/trips/flush draw/probably a gutshot too. Or any combination of these. Where as with aces you will only be able to play them post flop 1 out of 7 times most likely someone will beat you badly by the river on your unimproved aces the other 6 times.