Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2004, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Changing the question a bit

Yeah it is a complete different subject but maybe can help us think in terms of how much we should raise pre-flop.
How much we willing to call. When we open raise we can assume that the callers will have strong hands against us?
Anyway, what is most +EV? Canīt get to any conclusions yet...
Old 07-12-2004, 03:55 AM

Default Re: min raising

I thought the question was what do you do preflop with AK UTG.
I limp.
I actually think the 2nd best choice is fold.

I've gone over these in my other posts.

It is just very tough to win a big hand in this situation. What do you do against a reraise?
If you hit your Ace and somebody flat calls your bet, you really could be in trouble.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Fold AK UTG?

Good questions..and makes for a good discussion.

UTG+1, i need a real hand. Part of the problem is I have to be worried somebody behind me comes over the top with a real hand.
Some of it is going to be my read on his raise in the first place and what hands he played like this..and has he done it many times.

If my stack is really deep, like 100x, I really may play a lot of hands against an UTG raise of 3.5x. Depends on the player. But if a tighter player that I can put on a hand, yes. I feel like I have a chance to stack off.

I'm really not worried about set over set. I think that has happened to me once. It just isn't very likely. What is it, like 1 in 100, given you both have a PP to start with?
Oh, it did happen once, but I had KK (and it was limit).

Yes it doesn't always mean a monster. But if a player is doing it a lot, i will take that into account.

There are times I will reraise a minraise with JJ or AQ, etc, if I read weakness.
But are you wanting that with your AK? Won't they have raised your limp anyway?
So your minraise is going to cause the pot to get big quicker, and you only have 1/3 to hit a real hand.

Does it really put pressure on the blinds?
We are playing $1/2 NL and all have $200.
You min raise, in the BB it costs me $2..big whoop.
Now, unless i hit a real hand, i am done with it. So you get $2 more from me. Congrats.
If you want to put pressure on the blinds, make a real raise. And I'm not as worried about the blinds. There are other players in the hand..players with position on me. They are who i am worried about.