Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2004, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Poker Metrosexuals

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Shut the hell up, Daryn. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?
Old 12-09-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Proof!

Here's proof!!! He's definitely a metrosexual.Link
[ QUOTE ]
When I went to tournament registration, the line was about three and a half miles long, and suddenly panic set in: This thing wasn’t going to sell out, was it? I was genuinely worried that my dog, Mushu, and I had traveled all that way and wouldn’t get a seat.

You know, it’s funny; I hadn’t had a dog since I was a little kid, and never really understood why people get so attached. Jennifer (Harman) used to tell me things like, “Oh, I can’t play too late; the dogs are at home alone.”

I’d respond, “So what? They are just dogs. They’ll be fine on their own.”

Then, I bought Mushu, my 5-pound Chihuahua. Now, I fully understand what Jennifer was going through when she said she had to quit to go home and take care of her dogs.

I’m fully sucked in. I just can’t go anywhere without my little buddy. I called the Borgata in advance to make sure that Mushu could join me, and they obliged. He’s a good boy, and doesn’t bark much or soil the carpets.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-09-2004, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Proof!

Just caring so much about a dog named Mushu might be enough.

PS Jim Miller and Josh Arieh, both complete metrosexuals. Oh, and don't forget Chris Ferguson. You know he's just dying to cut the mane and beard and replace it with some frosted highlights and a David Ortiz chin strap beard.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's proof!!! He's definitely a metrosexual.Link
[ QUOTE ]
When I went to tournament registration, the line was about three and a half miles long, and suddenly panic set in: This thing wasn’t going to sell out, was it? I was genuinely worried that my dog, Mushu, and I had traveled all that way and wouldn’t get a seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon! Even if Mushu does get a seat, there's no way he'd be able to read the board, much less push chips! He's a chihuahua for pete's sake!
Old 12-09-2004, 05:34 PM

He doesn't have opposable thumbs, Focker!
Old 12-09-2004, 05:41 PM

I also hear that he piddles his seat when he picks up a monster hand - the other players are sure to pick up on that.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:10 PM

Great call out for NY Systems!!! Damn right you can only get them in Rhode Island. And if you're not eating them in Olneyville at 1 a.m., you're just faking it.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great call out for NY Systems!!! Damn right you can only get them in Rhode Island. And if you're not eating them in Olneyville at 1 a.m., you're just faking it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing better than Olneyville NY System at 1:00 a.m. is Havens Brothers Diner at 2:00 am [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick

PS Quick true hot weiner story. Years ago went with a group of people from work (Middletown/Newport area defense contractors) in two cars to see Hulk Hogan wrestle at the Civic Center (is it really now called the Dunc?) followed by a great trip to watch Maria McKee front Lone Justice at Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel. One of the office assistants from another company drove her big old Cadillac and after we were blown away by Maria we filed out of Lupo's all drunk as skunks (this was before the crackdown on DUI's) so we head to Olneyville for wieners. The place was jammed so as it turned out about five of us had maybe a total of twenty five "gaggers" "all the way" AND ATE THEM IN HER CAR!

She could never get rid of the smell and had to sell it for scrap [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2004, 07:34 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
The February 2004 issue of Men's Journal did a fashion spread with some of the better known pros; Gus Hansen, Phil Laak, Chip Jett, Phil Ivey, Daniel Negreanu, and Antonio Esfandiari. Wearing the latest Armani, Blass, and Boss - they all look pretty Metro.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you oil doe from PSO?
Old 12-10-2004, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Are there metrosexual males here in the 2+2 forums? If so, who are they?

Is metrosexuality consistent with the stereotypical poker player's cowboy/mafia image? Should it be encouraged?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a bit of an odd poker superstition. Whenever I go to Las Vegas, if I'm up significantly after my first day, I buy myself a fabulously expensive pair of shoes. Last trip, Taryn Rose loafers (btw, Taryn Rose men's shoes are still somewhat new...quite a find at the Mirage). Trip before, black suede J.P. Tod driving mocs.

On those rare occasions that I've been winning and haven't bought shoes, my luck always turns. So I guess this makes me guilty: A superstitous metrosexual. But my shoes are fabulous!