Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: re-omfingg-sults

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I assumed I was beat by some uber retarded crap as neither of these guys was all that aggressive, but i couldn't bring myself to fold. Capping here seemed absurd. I called. They both had J9o. I win. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hero caps and laughs when CO flips over J9.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh, if only I were so visionary when I'm actually playing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you roxOr in theory
Old 12-05-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: omfg

What are they putting all that money in on the flop with that you are now behind?
Old 12-05-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are they putting all that money in on the flop with that you are now behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

99 is a slim possibility, not big enough to back down tho.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I thought MP would fold to my cap, then id call, if not then I prolly just say "[censored] it" and cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the straight would've been a runner runner with a hand that whiffed the flop, I think this is a great line. Capping with overcalls rules.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:28 PM

LP raise and 3-bet on the flopwith a gutshot (T8) or an overcard with a bd str8 draw (KT). I don't think so. I don't have the balls here to cap the river cause people do goofy things so I just call. I would expect to see two pair or maybe someone hit trip 9's.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if i cap, am i getting 2 overcalls? I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ] Given your reads I'm pretty sure you are at least getting 1 overcall and probably two. No way these bozos lay down two pair here.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:21 PM

With the overlay from their being two villains on the river and the nonzero chance that our hand is best it is +EV to cap this river. If one is so inclined you could work out the precise numbers but seriously straights are out the question and 99/QQ are unlikely here. This is a cap.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With the overlay from their being two villains on the river and the nonzero chance that our hand is best it is +EV to cap this river. If one is so inclined you could work out the precise numbers but seriously straights are out the question and 99/QQ are unlikely here. This is a cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like your reasoning here, but nothing is ever "out of the question" at 3/6 6max.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like your reasoning here, but nothing is ever "out of the question" at 3/6 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Out of the question" means the probability is extremely low.