Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Funny theBruiser500 archive post

[ QUOTE ]
what school are you at?

[/ QUOTE ]

dont attend. live in bangkok.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
diablo is just mad that his 4h5h s00ted didnt suck out vs bruisers KK on a Ks6h2h9s board yesterday [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

post this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I open, bruiser raises, I call.

Flop is Ks 6h 2h. Bruiser bets, I call. Turn is a blank. Bruiser checks. I put him on AQ/TT/JJ/QQ/KK. I push a little more than pot, he calls. River blanks, he wins.

No worries, I got it all back w/ interest later.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kane, I get the impression that you are a very good NL poker player, but your contribution to this forum has been close to worthless. Why don't you post some hands or discuss the theory behind your play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, this really annoys me. Kane is a dick, definitely. And I hate a lot of his posts. But how can you just ignore the many posts of his that have much better insights than 95% of the posts in this forum? You guys need to ignore the fact that Kane is a jackass and just look for his posts where he talks about NL.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You vastly, vastly, underestimate the level of luck required at each and every step of the way for bruiser to have made this run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good god you are officially the biggest hater in the entire world.

All you do is trash bruiser in every thread where somebody tries to say something positive.

Just stop already.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ridiculous. I have many times said positive things about bruiser, and he is well aware of that.

However, many people here have absolutely no clue at all about the level of his game and how much is due to luck and how much is due to skill. I think it's safe to say that I have played against bruiser more than anyone in this thread and probably talked more poker with him than anyone else. As such, I feel very qualified to comment on his level of poker skill.

Many of the posters who make assessments of his skill based on his results would think he was the worst NL player in the world based on his results over the last few days. However, anyone who knows what they're talking about would know how horribly he has run. The same thing holds true for his upswing over the last few months. Trying to make judgements of someone's skill based on short-term results in big games is just ridiculous.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
diablo is just mad that his 4h5h s00ted didnt suck out vs bruisers KK on a Ks6h2h9s board yesterday [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

post this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop is Ks 6h 2h. Bruiser bets, I call. Turn is a blank. Bruiser checks. I put him on AQ/TT/JJ/QQ/KK. I push a little more than pot, he calls. River blanks, he wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

why didnt he reraise you?
Old 04-01-2005, 07:25 AM

Because El D pushed.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because El D pushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, missed that.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

post this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how come you didn't raise flop?
Old 04-01-2005, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say...
- 90% hardwork, dedication, and skill
- 10% balls (gotta have em to move up that fast)
- 1% luck

[/ QUOTE ]

check
Old 04-01-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say...
- 90% hardwork, dedication, and skill
- 10% balls (gotta have em to move up that fast)
- 1% luck

[/ QUOTE ]

check

[/ QUOTE ]

luck doesnt have to mean sucking out a two outer, it can just mean not getting unlucky. bruiser made a post a little while ago advocating taking shots at higher limits regardless of bankroll. it'd have been very easy for bruiser to have ran out of money for this game before he even got started in it.

one thing i noticed when the higher limit games started on party was how excited everyone was after winning a hand or doubling up. you could feel the emotion even in an online game. A thousand dollars for one hand. And of course, all the players currently playing in this game consistently come into two categories: running very well or playing very tight. I am probally somewhere in the middle. playing too agresively and a little bit loose, giving too much credit to players and not playing to perfection.

at this point im probally going to just start 6-8 tabling that game until i have made an extra 15K that I will play the 25/50 with. There have been several players who I knew were X days from losing their bankroll and dropping out of that game: SkiBlue, Rebirth, Dell80, and JL3054 are four guys currently in that bubble.

and most of all, its just [censored] poker. this really isnt rocket science. alot of it is just running well.

peace.