Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Re: TT_FOLD\'S 4-MONITOR SETUP!!!111one

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I dont understand is why do peolpe play sit and gos without the avatars. The avatars somehow make it much easier for me to know exactly how many players are left with a quick glance, whereas when they are turned off it takes my brain a little longer to register.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they look homosexual.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:26 AM

I'm not sure how much IQ has to do with your multi-tabling ability.

Given that he's 18 and making more than I am at 21, he's clearly smarter than me, despite my guess that I may look smarter on paper.

I've met a lot of traders that are borderline illiterate but simply good at what they do.

Note: TT_Fold, I'm not commenting on your literacy.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because I have a 152 IQ and I have been multitabling for ages, thats why.

Not to be pretentious or anything.

Haha.

(Btw, my friend Messy_Jesse would agree with me, and he has a similar IQ/poker mutlitabling experience).

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logical reasoning skills are so entirely flawed I would tend to think you should demand your money back from wherever tested you.

citanul
Old 08-11-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Haha.

(Btw, my friend Messy_Jesse would agree with me, and he has a similar IQ/poker mutlitabling experience).

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logical reasoning skills are so entirely flawed I would tend to think you should demand your money back from wherever tested you.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

IQ is supposed to measure someone's "intelligence". Now the definition of intelligence is hazy to say the least. Ive always believed that a component of intelligence is the ability to evaluate and adapt to various situations and come up with correct decisions. By that logic, a person with a higher IQ should be able to more quickly evaluate these decisions then someone with a lesser IQ.

And, btw Citanul, the report my pyschologist wrote states that logic is one of my greatest strengths. So ship it!

And next time, dont make a statement like that without at least giving an argument to back up your claim.

-Myst
Old 08-11-2005, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

you are so brash, i like.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:51 AM

Don't take this as a "my c*ck is bigger than yours" comment, but we play a weekly game at school and 152 would be on the low end of IQs. We are HORRENDOUS at poker. And some of us (read: me) spend absurd amounts of time trying to learn the game. But your average ADD video-game playing 16 year old could wreck our table.

I realize general poker is not the same as multitabling. But I'd venture that multitabling has much more to do with instinct, practice, etc. than raw intelligence.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't take this as a "my c*ck is bigger than yours" comment, but we play a weekly game at school and 152 would be on the low end of IQs. We are HORRENDOUS at poker. And some of us (read: me) spend absurd amounts of time trying to learn the game. But your average ADD video-game playing 16 year old could wreck our table.

I realize general poker is not the same as multitabling. But I'd venture that multitabling has much more to do with instinct, practice, etc. than raw intelligence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its similar to the whole nature vs. nurture argument. Im not denying that multitabling experience is probably the most important aspect in being able to play 8+ tables. But once you get those basics down, the ability to process the information quickly and efficiently becomes perhaps the most important aspect as well. Intuitively, at least to me, a smarter person will be able to process this information more quickly than a not as gifted person.

For example, you have ten tables up, and in five of them, you have close decisions entirely dependent on pot odds. Whose going to calculate them faster, and thus, move through the tables faster?

Btw, no offense to the aforementioned IQ statement. Even smart people can play stupid poker. But given two equal players who have the same knowledge, intuition, and experience, a person with a higher IQ will be a more effective multitabler than one with a lesser one.

Ok, enough of the elitism Im probably spewing out right now. Just trying to make a point.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:58 AM

I like avatars, but on empire the seat 6 or so guy (left of bottom center) hides the chip count a bit which annoys me.

P
Old 08-11-2005, 11:02 AM

152 is a useless number without knowing which test you took and its stdev. Are you in mensa?

Not that it really matters anyway.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
152 is a useless number without knowing which test you took and its stdev. Are you in mensa?

Not that it really matters anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not like its any of your business, but I was tested by a LAUSD pscyhologist when I was 5 1/2 years old. Not sure what type of IQ test they gave, all I know is that it involved blocks lol.