Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Continuing the rating discussion...

[ QUOTE ]
The only rating that matters is what YOU think of HER. If she's beautiful to you, she's beautiful - game over. If you're worried about the ratings of others, you need to grow your balls a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% correct. However, it's still fun. What I get a kick out of is how girls say things like, "Oh my god! You guys are so mean!" or women say, "You guys are assholes. It's not nice to judge women that way."

For them I would like to play back a tape fo the last 10 times they got together with their girlfriends. Their rating criteria and systems are much harsher, and what their friends think of the guy is generally just as important to insecure women as it is to insecure men. The only real difference is that men are open about it and have been rational enough to work it into a simple numerical system.

Quick aside: Last time I was at a bar on a Friday night there were three guys there that actually had little cards with numbers on them and were rating the women that walked by. [censored] tools! Of course the tools probably got laid that night while I had a party with Rosie but they were still tools.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:56 AM

So we can blow smoke up each other's butts a bit, yep I agree with you 100% too.

I did sound like I disapproved of rating (which I do intensely in real life, but only cos men miss so much that is great about women this way...), but I think it's real funny on OOT, and retardedness of application on OOT makes it extra funny. (The 3-point one is reasonable FWIW, but 1-10 is moonrakerishly dumb and hilarious).
Old 12-01-2005, 12:26 PM

I don't think OOT is the place for this. There are plenty of other sites to rate women on.

OOT is going to stay stupid and raunchy for a while, but as poker gains popularity, more and more women are coming to 2+2. They get offended by this stuff, because it's OFFENSIVE.

Now, 2+2 can sit back and do a Spike TV thing and say "men will be boys" or they can accomodate the requests of women and others who are offended by this kind of stuff. They can say, let's go a little more Lifetime or a little more Spike TV.

Now, the real question, which network is making more money?

What approach is best in the poker world? Become more PC and broaden the audience? Or keep it elitist?

TV execs have made their decision. And that's why there aren't bikini clad women walking around the tournament tables holding up signs that read "rate me."