Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2004, 12:06 AM

Default I want the TRUTH

This is something that is really bothering me, for all my life I've heard of all the great benefits of poker, of playing poker, huge sums of money, win streaks.

But what about the hundreds of thousands of losers.
You may be a winning player, but yeah by how much??

I have just wrapped up the month of playing online 3-6 HE and I have had one of the worst months in history, I multi-table between 4 to 7 tables and for the month I have played 107 Hours and have won $287.

I'm not going to talk about bad beats I REFUSE TO!!

I'm just saying that I believe I play very very well. Better than most players that I play against on 3-6 games, but I have had a terrbile month.

I want to know from you, what are your bad months like? How do you deal with the emotion that runs through it?

I have enough of a bankroll to withstand the swings but is it possible to have a month THIS TERRIBLE???!!!!!

IS THIS REALLY IT!!??

This is the truth side to it.

1) I believe I play very well.
2) I've had a terrible month.

Emotionally the only pain a feel is like being punted in the stomach. I'm not even angry, I may blurt out a few things while playing but then realize quickly what I'm doing, I'm complaining about something I can't control and then I quickly shut up.

And no... I do not have a tendencey to tilt.

Please tell me you have experienced something like this.
It would honestly be a great assest if we can have some other online pros respond to this thread as well as live game players.

Astroglide, Clarkmiester, Tommy Angelo, Ed Miller, DavidRoss, Dynasty, Ulysses, and all other online/live pros I'm sorry I haven't mentioned by name, please help me out here.

Is this the reality of it??

Is this how bad it can get or WORESE??!!!??