Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Assuming no reads on the BB, would you push?
Yes 22 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Best Disney Animated Movie (Round 2)

I was going to be the fifth person to say that the Little Mermaid/Aladdin matchup is just ridiculously tough. I went with the seashells. Instead I'll be the fifth person to say that TENG is incredibly funny, like laugh out loud every minute funny, and if you haven't seen it you're missing out. Still...

[ QUOTE ]
The Lion King tramples all over the competition in every regard. The rest are playing for second

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-15-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to be the fifth person to say that the Little Mermaid/Aladdin matchup is just ridiculously tough. I went with the seashells. Instead I'll be the fifth person to say that TENG is incredibly funny, like laugh out loud every minute funny, and if you haven't seen it you're missing out. Still...

[ QUOTE ]
The Lion King tramples all over the competition in every regard. The rest are playing for second

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha i just got done watchin it AGAIN...and god i had forgotten half the funny stuff in it...this movie is beyond halarious on so many levels...

i love the NO TOUCHY and oooo theres a scary leaf!! and a scary tree!! lol and the squirrel with the ballon!! HAHAHAH
Old 10-15-2005, 01:14 PM

My theme tune has to be the main james bond theme-tune...

So, as I take out the trash - Na-NANANA-NAAAAA-Na-NaNa...
Old 10-15-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming most people haven't seen The Emperor's New Groove, because it's [censored] hilarious. The Lion King has that nostalgia thing going for it, but I think TENG is the funniest Disney movie in recent times, if not ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. IMO, Lion King might be the best, but TENG is definitely the funniest. By a wide margin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it's funnier than The Jungle Book. Everything King Louie does is gold. Baloo is funny too. Sheer Khan and the snake are both funny, and their scenes together are hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

amazingly it is MUCH funnier than Jungle Book and thats one of the 1st i can remember watching ever and one of mah favs - but the emp. new groove walks all over it

im actually gonna go pop this in while i work on midterms etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it is funnier, there's no way it could walk all over it in any other way. That movie is pretty much perfect. The songs are great, and the blending of songs into the movie is the best Disney ever did it. The characters are all great, the animation is great, the story is great, the voices can't be beat, and it's one of the rare ones even for Disney that is just as enjoyable for adults as kids.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming most people haven't seen The Emperor's New Groove, because it's [censored] hilarious. The Lion King has that nostalgia thing going for it, but I think TENG is the funniest Disney movie in recent times, if not ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen Lion King and TENG many times and love them both, but if you want me to pick a better movie, it's Lion King far and away.

Like it's one of those things where I can say "and it's not even close" and be correct.

Whoever picked Brother Bear over Beauty and the Beast is on crack.

Plus where is toy story/monsters inc,.

Who is picking robin hood over fantasia?
Also, really unfair to pair Aladdin with Little mermaid =/

I dunno if this means anothing but I have 11/12 agreeing with majority. only picking fantasia over robin hood.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen Lion King and TENG many times and love them both, but if you want me to pick a better movie, it's Lion King far and away.

Like it's one of those things where I can say "and it's not even close" and be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

monsters inc i ADORE...its almost as funny as the emperors new groove...but that one and toy story if i recall correctly wasnt done by "disney"...to me it still is...but some consider that pixar stuff as another section/generation type stuff - its another company although joint with disney if u wanna call it that
Old 10-16-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

monsters inc i ADORE...its almost as funny as the emperors new groove...but that one and toy story if i recall correctly wasnt done by "disney"

[/ QUOTE ]

not totally by disney but disney sure whores out those movies. i've seen toy story dolls and monster inc dolls in disney stores, so to me, it's a disney movie.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:34 AM

I haven't been able to make myself watch Monsters Inc. yet. I can take very little Billy Crystal before wanting to go on a homicidal rampage. And even the commercial was incredibly cornballed up in the worst, most cravenly simpering Billy Crystal way.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't been able to make myself watch Monsters Inc. yet. I can take very little Billy Crystal before wanting to go on a homicidal rampage. And even the commercial was incredibly cornballed up in the worst, most cravenly simpering Billy Crystal way.

[/ QUOTE ]

it really is cute!!!! he gets to me sometimes too but u dont even realize it in this movie!! u need to watch both that and emp. new groove!! uve missed out on 2 of the best disney movies in a humorous way!
Old 10-16-2005, 12:55 AM

I'll watch TENG to see if it's what it's cracked up to be, but it would have to hit me like the very Word of God or something to shake me off thinking Jungle Book was the funniest.

Monsters Inc. -- maybe someday. But I think it will take a good deal of counseling first to get over my Billy Crystal phobia.