Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 03:58 AM

Default Re: Huck Seed Bluffs Into Dry Side Pot, Etc.

My apologies to the OP for my tone, I was pissed when I saw that hand (I was thinking "THIS is what it was all about!!?").

Here is the hand

JC goes all in from the button with A8o for 7500, blinds are 15/30k.

DS calls with K4o and HS knocks the table

Main pot it 22.5k, SIDE POT = 45k.

DS has a healthy chip stack, he had 5 rows of whites and 6 rows of greens and looked to be the chip leader.

HS is much shorter stack 1 row of white, 2 rows of green , puts another 45k in on the flop. And DS goes all in.

With the factors of Huck being the short stack at the table after JC and trying to give himself maximum chance to win (free 45k and possible 22.5k for a still crippled JC ) his play isnt bad at all.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:45 AM

You didn't look at the right hand. This is a completely different hand. David has k4 off, huck has 73 off, and dont remembr Barry's hand.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't look at the right hand. This is a completely different hand. David has k4 off, huck has 73 off, and dont remembr Barry's hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

See my last post. Looking at the play with a sidepot and HS being the short stack it was a good play giving HS a chance to add 20-25% to his stack or so.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at the play with a sidepot and HS being the short stack it was a good play giving HS a chance to add 20-25% to his stack or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having erased it off of my DVR, I cannot check now, but I do not think that Seed was anywhere near short enough to justify the play you're talking about. I know that you're saying that it looked like he was, but that's not how I remember it at all.

Also, even if this WAS the case, wouldn't he need to defer to the tried and true notion that two live hands against the allin player gives him the best chance of getting 2nd place points, hugely important in this structure (ESPECIALLY if he is as short as you say he was)?

Sounds like FPS to me.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:57 PM

I agree with rushmore's response to this statement. Not meaning to not answer you. Just i totally agrree with his response. And would be repetative to say it again and rehash his response.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looking at the play with a sidepot and HS being the short stack it was a good play giving HS a chance to add 20-25% to his stack or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having erased it off of my DVR, I cannot check now, but I do not think that Seed was anywhere near short enough to justify the play you're talking about. I know that you're saying that it looked like he was, but that's not how I remember it at all.

Also, even if this WAS the case, wouldn't he need to defer to the tried and true notion that two live hands against the allin player gives him the best chance of getting 2nd place points, hugely important in this structure (ESPECIALLY if he is as short as you say he was)?

Sounds like FPS to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a count later he had about 130-160k or so (assuming whites were 5k and green were 1k) , about 4 BB after he posts the SB the next hand 3 or 4 handed. He has to fight for every chip possible imho. If he wants to give himself the best chance of getting more points taking a stab at the 45k pot is a good play. If DS had less than top pair its a tough call to make, JC would still be crippled and need to double up at least twice with essentially random cards to get off life support (in other words if he doubled up twice he would barely be alive... almost exactly the chip stack that Huck has). It also isnt a fight for 2nd place points, it is for 3rd place points (it is Johnny Chan not BG who is all in, it is 4 handed). Those chips in the middle have a much greater value to HS than DS, and DS would need a pretty strong hand to call or come over the top of HS bet. He just happened to have such a hand.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like FPS to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

More like Stupid Play Syndrome iyam.