Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: My last hand and the circunstances around it

Good Job!!!! I was on your oringinal table 115 seat # 3. I had the chip lead until, I decided to battle you with my pocket sevens vs. your tens. The board finised nine high if I remember right. I thought you were stealing the blinds just as you had done everytime you had the chance. This time I was wrong. Good luck in the rest of the events.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:07 AM

Default Re: My last hand and the circunstances around it

Congrats Sirio. Sirio is really an awesome player and I was very fortunate to be able to talk to him this weekend. The WSOP experience has definately encouraged me to work on my game while humbling me considerably. Sirio is a very good player and I believe that he will be winning something big sometime (can't be more specific than that in this crazy game).

Hats off, and better luck next time.

CSC
Old 06-07-2005, 08:08 AM

Default A hand with Carlos Mortensen

Carlos came to the table with a medium stack, in this hand he decided to raise in MP, folded to me in the button, I have AQ, I decided to call, I know Carlos is an agressive player and I know I'm not outplaying him so I decided the way to go was to rope a dope.
Flop came KQ7, he bets the flop as expected and I just call.
Turn is a K, pretty good card, he bets again with confidence and I just called again after asking the dealer if it was possible since we were heads up to talk in Spanish since is mine and Carlos native language, obviously the answer was no, but I get a reaction from Carlos.
River is a J that made a flush possible, and he decided to check. Now the question is to value-bet the hand or not. Which hand I beat such that he's calling my bet, maybe AJ or QJ,QT,JT; but does not make any sense for him to call since I called a raise preflop and I called a flop and a turn bet, what hand could I possible have such that he can beat me if he call my bet with those hands; and there is a chance he have AA and didnt bet at the end because of the KK, the flush or the straight, but the most plausible answer is that he just have nothing, so I told him "I'm not value betting my hand and I show the AQ and he mucks, he told me later that he has A9. I didn't want a flush card in the river, or AJT9, since then Carlos would've thought that I'd missed my draw and fired 1 more bet, but I liked the outcome anyway.

Next: Fun hand #1 with Alan Goehring.