Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: fish alert - a new way to rant

[ QUOTE ]
SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU ALL NEED YOUR HUSBANDS TO DRIVE TO THE STORE AND GET YOU SOME TAMPONS

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally someone talks some sense into this thread.

P.S. Bob, its about time someone put you in your place. Stop trolling him. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2005, 02:19 PM

See this month's Ray Zee article in the 2+2 internet magazine.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you cannot stand up to the plate and battle back, you will not be playing a winning game in all likelihood. I see it happen often where the bully gets to run over the game with no one knocking him down.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is EXACTLY what was happening!
Old 02-14-2005, 05:47 PM

Bruin,
You do bring up a good point. I understand that what you are suggesting here is the by the book ABC way of playing. However, there is a little bit more to poker than just playing ABC. Sklansky said in "Theory of Poker" that in some instances, against some players, that it is +EV to raise on the last bet instead of fold because they will lay it down. I am convinced that Microbob would never dream of attempting anything like this but I digress.
Anyway, I looked at the hand history. It happened like this. I am the button, maniac is just on my right. player A calls, player B raises, maniac reraises. I call 3 bets, obviously hoping player A and B will also call. This was not a conventional play, but made for value. Blinds fold, Player A folds and Player B calls. Flop happens. B bets, maniac Raises and I reraise. This time the raise is intended to isolate him. Player B folds and maniac caps. I call. The turn makes my nut flush. The rest is punishment for my somehow offending the poker Gods.
Anyway, I was interested in any thoughts you might have on how things could have been done differently. However, I know that it was a doomed endeavour from the beginning. I was all excited that this would be the hand to take the wind out of the maniac and get him to slow down a notch or two. Replaying the hand, it became easy to see what I was thinking at each stage. Of course he just kept on being impossible to beat and I left.
It will probably be more constructive next time to post the hand history in the microlimit forum, as I know strategy is not typically the topic in this one.
I know you are not a Microbob apologist and I am truely interested in hearing what you might have to say. As for Micro, I really don't see how someone who posts 7300 + times in a year and four months has any time to play poker. He's too busy trolling 2+2! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 04:24 PM

Agreed. If this kind of stuff tilts you out and throws your game into a tailspin, run far, far away from Party Poker. Plenty of other sites out there where your bankroll is more stable but you can still build it. I forsook Party and Empire, etc., long ago because of this kind of stuff.