Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: The biggest lesson I\'ve learned at PLO

OK aces you got me. I should have used the qualifying adjective "online", which generally means 10/25 blinds since I won't play on Prima sites, although I have played 25/50 blinds live in private games. But if you want to disagree with Dave's comments, which is how this started, then why don't you give a more detailed explanation about betting the size or less of the pot, rather than just making throw away comments.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK aces you got me. I should have used the qualifying adjective "online", which generally means 10/25 blinds since I won't play on Prima sites, although I have played 25/50 blinds live in private games. But if you want to disagree with Dave's comments, which is how this started, then why don't you give a more detailed explanation about betting the size or less of the pot, rather than just making throw away comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Attention dumbass,

If you reread my original post in this thread you'll see my quibble had nothing to do with whether or not a policy of always betting the pot or not, but rather whether or not the weak PLO players online were Americans or Europeans.

It was an obvious joke, as clearly, the world's worst PLO players are from Canada.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

OK aces you got me. I should have used the qualifying adjective "online", which generally means 10/25 blinds since I won't play on Prima sites,

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I don't know of a site that spreads 10-25$ PLO other than UB, and it never ever runs.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:48 AM

Lack of more advanced PLO discussion
The server seems to have a deep philosophical problem with PLO posts. The only way to find them is to go through the main list.

Talking of which, whenever I find a thread of any interest it always degenerates into a bitch a trois between Ribbo, Acesover8s and Bluffthis and any poker questions are forgotten. These 3 posters are important to the forum.

Acesover8s, I'm sure I remember you saying that Bluffthis gives bad advice. Can you elaborate on where you differ because I've always found he explains himself well. Is it a difference of playing style? If I'm mistaken then I apologise.

The forum needs this sorting out. If the problems are just personal then they need to be left to one side.

James
Old 09-03-2005, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Talking of which, whenever I find a thread of any interest it always degenerates into a bitch a trois between Ribbo, Acesover8s and Bluffthis and any poker questions are forgotten. These 3 posters are important to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't forget Big Dave, although he usually is only a catalyst for the disagreements of others. All of you should read his blog as well.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:54 PM

Hey, I never argue with anyone!

Tx for the plug, btw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gl

dd
Old 09-03-2005, 05:20 PM

While those 3 posters may argue and fight, the fact remains that their advice is usually right on. They don't have to be here at all to help, so it's best to ignore the way it's presented and just take it for what it is, good advice.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:27 PM

Default You want to, and they secretly thrill you :) (nt)

Dave
Old 09-03-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Attention dumbass,

If you reread my original post in this thread you'll see my quibble had nothing to do with whether or not a policy of always betting the pot or not, but rather whether or not the weak PLO players online were Americans or Europeans.

It was an obvious joke, as clearly, the world's worst PLO players are from Canada.

[/ QUOTE ]

My other learning from PLO is that there is more latent [censored]-erotic posting in this forum than any other. Some posters should get a hotel room together and just get it over with.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:39 PM

Another thing that I have learned. Having the non nut boat has cost me some serious pots. : [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]