FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: best games are not longer on party

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
must be a bias limit player

[/ QUOTE ]

No I suspect he is right, NL is a much simpler game to play.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you say it is?

[/ QUOTE ]

nl is not necessarily easier to play. it is, however, easier to write a program for. this is mainly because you can go allin and now you dont have to worry about anymore decisions.

this has been debated before and sklansky even writes about it in top.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:44 PM

Wouldn't an easy solution to the problem be to make players enter a "code" that flashes on the screen - like some sites like yahoo and godaddy require? Sure it's annoying but it would stop bots in their tracks. Set the interval at random or make it once per orbit on the button (that way the game is not slowed down that much. The buton types in the code as the blinds are deciding to post and the other players are deciding to call). Could be a bitch for those 8 tablers, though.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:37 PM

I'm sure I could easily write a program that can detect a dialog box popping up asking for a code. My program could then take a snapshot of the screen, alert a human operator/monitor, have the human enter the code, and then keep on going.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:48 PM

In which case the poker sites would bombard players with popups that require no intervention and do not interfere at all with the game. Just small popups that disappear after a second or two. Trust me, if the bots get bad enought, the sites will find a way to stop them. It will be a cat and mouse game similair to the computer virus / virus protection games we see today. If the sites had more stringent registration requirements such as faxing in a drivers license and utility bill, once the bot writers were caught they would be hard pressed to register another account.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the sites had more stringent registration requirements such as faxing in a drivers license and utility bill, once the bot writers were caught they would be hard pressed to register another account.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the number of casual players would be greatly reduced.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uncompromised Security
The very nature of mobile computing makes it a high security risk. With that in mind, the Stylistic ST5000 Tablet PC was engineered to protect your data with measures that are easy to use yet extremely difficult to breech. To create this security rich environment: Trusted Platform Module (TPM), a dedicated SmartCard reader slot; an integrated biometric fingerprint swipe sensor , the brand name Security Application Panel, and a Kensington lock slot come standard with every ST5020 Tablet PC.

[/ QUOTE ]
Found this in my surfing. Maybe it is old news, but I haven't seen fingerprint authorization on a tablet computer for $2000 before. Maybe this will help get rid of bots?
Old 06-21-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Found this in my surfing. Maybe it is old news, but I haven't seen fingerprint authorization on a tablet computer for $2000 before. Maybe this will help get rid of bots?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see how this would help solve anything related to bots. Start poker, do fingerprint authorization, start bot. Only thing it could help with is preventing others from using your account...unless I'm missing something here.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:04 PM

there's a lot of pokersites nowadays... for graphics, i really like pokerroom ..... check out pokertimesweekly.com , they got a summery of promotion too ... very useful
Old 06-21-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there's a lot of pokersites nowadays... check out pokertimesweekly.com , they got a summery of promotion too ... very useful

[/ QUOTE ]

second time ive seen you refer to this site today, (and i see you have a total of two posts and just registered today,) so i checked it out, and had to respond.

after perusing this "very useful" resource, i see that it is, (of course,) a total piece of garbage affiliate site, with no useful info other than pimping the affiliates "trusted" sites, and dispensing "hard hitting" poker tips.

(the trusted poker sites are the ones he has deals with. for example, listed as one of the paragons of virtue as a "trusted" site is pacific. not on the list, and as such untrustworthy sites, are shady outfits like stars, paradise, ub, etc.)

also, in the poker "tips" area there are such gems as:
"dont throw your live hand in the muck."

so glad you have informed us about this wonderful resource. you are doing a great public service steering us, repeatedly, to this site.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see how this would help solve anything related to bots. Start poker, do fingerprint authorization, start bot. Only thing it could help with is preventing others from using your account...unless I'm missing something here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only other point I can see is that it would be difficult for one person to run multiple bots.