Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Hurray for Kansas. A victory for liberals!

I applaud the Kansas school board and I fully support their actions. All progressives who advocate public control of schooling should also be very supportive of the Kansas school board.

After all, they are simply doing exactly what they've watched smug leftists do for decades: Ignore the concerns of vast numbers of parents who have little or no choice about putting their children into a curriculum they find objectionable.

Now we see that Kansas has turned the tables and directed schools to do something the liberals (generally) find objectionable. And oh the howls of dismay! It's music to my ears. How does it feel now you smarmy self-satisfied advocates for state-run schooling? It doesn't seem like such a good idea now that the Kansas system has, through perfectly democratic means, gone in a direction you find objectionable. The contempt you have long shown for parents who object to your agenda in school is now turned on you! You whining extremists! Don't complain about schools teaching your children objectionable material, it is the will of the people! And don't whine to me about your voice not being heard. If you don't like it, vote for a new school board! HAHAHAHAHAHA

I think it's wonderful. It warms my heart.

Even better, only the rich will be able to escape the substandard education that Kansas provides as a near-monopoly to its citizens. While the poor and middle class kids are trapped in this substandard system, only those with resources will be able to ensure their child achieves a decent education. The rest will have to sit there and take it, just like they've always had to. Only now they're taking in a way the leftists don't like, so it's not ok anymore.

Here's a hint for you morans: The process is the flaw, not the current outcome.

The irony is that because of the liberals' hysterical fear that a small minority of children might learn about GOD at a religious private school under a voucher system, the entire state's poor population is now coerced with lessons about GOD sequencing genomes (or the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or whatever). If liberals who constantly scream about choice had actually valued, you know, choice, and freedom, and if they actually respected indiviuals' decisions, they wouldn't be in this mess. All the educated parents would quietly, calmly, quickly, (and easily) just transfer their child to a new school they feel more comfortable about. Yeah, that would be a terrible thing. Only scumbag nazi republicans would dare to suggest such a system.

Parents rejoice! At least your child is being educated and acculturated with mainstream values, just like the leftists always wanted.

natedogg